Some people are really just plain stupid

Page 4 of 8
I have personally never been at risk of having my wiener injured by the table saw but I think I would be willing to a pay a little more for the saw if it would help avoid that. I guess maybe I should be careful, the darng thing is so long it could get all tangled up and at risk of injury during a ripping op if I wasn't careful.

I have personally never been at risk of having my wiener injured by the table saw but I think I would be willing to a pay a little more for the saw if it would help avoid that. I guess maybe I should be careful, the darng thing is so long it could get all tangled up and at risk of injury during a ripping op if I wasn't careful.
Jeeez... Really, it could get tangled up? Just how limp are you man. ;~)

I know a guy who got injured by a bandsaw in much that way...
(Nasty accident - band broke on a horizontal slabbing saw as he was standing to the side of it. Left him with scars that look like seppuku and it nearly got his femoral artery too)
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 16:33:06 -0500, Larry C wrote:

Chuckle. I just tell them they can't even open the emergency room door for that amount of money :-).

Too bad you did not think to ask him about Global Warming. LOL

I love how the anti climate change conspiracists always come out in winter ...it's not that hot right now! Talking 1.5 to 3.5 degrees more at the poles than at the equator. The ice flows are disappearing . But then again maybe that puddle at the end of your driveway didn't have ice on it like it did the same time last year. Do your own research ..lol
Rusty wrote:

Reduction of ice at the North Pole is good.
It may open up a year-round Northwest Passage. This, in turn, will dramatically cut shipping costs between the Orient and Europe, facilitating trade, creating jobs, increasing wealth, prosperity, and happiness for everybody concerned.
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:07:58 -0800, the infamous "Rusty"

Huh? ACCC? Oh, you mean _skeptics_, those of us who don't fall for the overinflated charts and Chicken Little stories of the alarmists? And why does a finger saver relate to Warming? OK, with fewer fingeers, we couldn't give you alarmists 'the finger' as often. Was that it?

And the AGWK alarmists always present in August, the hottest month.

Can you read? Try some of these:
_Hard Green_ by Peter Huber
_The Skeptical Envioronmentalist_ by Bjorn Lomborg
_Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming_ by Bjorn Lomborg (His newest book)
_Shattered Consensus: The True State of Global Warming_ by Patrick J. Michaels
_Unstoppable Global Warming, Every 1,500 Years_ by S. Fred Singer and Dennis Avery
_Terrestrial Energy_ by William tucker
_The Politically Incorrect Guide to Global Warming and Environmentalism_ by Christopher Horner
_The Deniers: The World Renowned Scientists Who Stood Up Against Global Warming Hysteria, Political Persecution, and Fraud**And those who are too fearful to do so_ by Lawrence Solomon
_Earth Report 2000_ editor Roy Spencer, famous scientific authors
_State of Fear_ (bibliography, 23 or so pages of enviro books) by Michael Crichton
and then get back to us, 'K?
If you're still an AGWK whacko after reading a few of those books, I'll eat my hat.
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10
RE: Subject
One of my favorites for demonstrating stupidity:
"Me and Charlie went to the movie."
Hint: It's the structure not the content.
Lew

...to the theater?...
--
Nonny

OK - kinda old but seems appropriate:
A self-made Texas oilman/rancher billionaire flew his private jet to visit his son at Harvard. He was supposed to meet him at the campus law library. Walking across the campus in blue jeans and boots, he stopped a young preppy law student to ask for directions.
"Son, can you tell me where the law library is at?"
The young student put on a look of disgust and replied "Sir this is Harvard. At Harvard we do not end our sentences with a preposition."
The older gentleman shrugged and said "You are absolutely right. Can you tell me where the law library is at.....ASSHOLE!"
RonB

What movie did you see? ;)
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 21:06:46 -0800 (PST), the infamous RicodJour

Lew, I think what Ricky's trying to say is "Me and Nonny jes don't gayet it, Lew. Where you at? Let's talk some." <gd&r>
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10
On 1/7/2010 7:26 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Me went to the movie. Ugh!
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 1/8/2010 10:08 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

Or how about those people who think they're being "correct" by just replacing all such occurrences of "me" with "I"?
"Would you join Charlie and I for a trip to the movie?"
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
"Steve Turner" wrote:

That works.
Lew
On 1/9/2010 1:41 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

No it doesn't. If Charlie's wife wouldn't let him go, you wouldn't amend that question by asking "Would you join I for a trip to the movie?"
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
"Steve Turner" wrote:

You've changed the sentence structure.
("You" is now the subject, not "I").
No cigar.
Lew

Doesn't matter. "Would you join Charlie and I ..." is grammatically incorrect.
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 23:41:41 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

My ass. It should be "Charlie and me" there, sir. Try it from an individual standpoint.
"Would you join Charlie for a trip to the movie?" OK
"Would you join I for a trip to the movie?" Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt!
"Would you join Charlie and me for a trip to the movie?" Fixed!
Steve's sarcasm was warranted.
--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. --- http://diversify.com/handypouches.html ToolyRoo(tm) and Possum(tm) Handy Pouches NOW AVAILABLE!