Some people are really just plain stupid

Page 1 of 8
I am Woodcraft yesterday and I am looking at the Saw Stop saws. No money to buy one, but just thinking when I upgrade maybe I will go that route. On the saw there is a video playing that is demonstrating the how the saw works.
Some other customer stands next to me and says: "What they don't tell you is that after the saw does its thing in an emergency you need to buy new parts from them to make the saw work again."
I say: "But you still have your fingers"
He then says: "But your saw won't work again until you buy the parts - from them!"
I almost replied again with "You still have your fingers" but I figured it was pointless. Apparently this guy has figured out that the corporate plan is to save your fingers but stick it to you in the wallet afterwards.
Larry C
On 1/7/2010 3:33 PM, Larry C wrote:

I kept telling my youngest daughter that, on a daily basis, roughly half the people she deals with are below average IQ ... but she responded that I didn't factor in that many of them might be concentrated in one area ... wherever it is that Al Franken lives.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I think you meant to write Michelle Bachman.
On 1/7/2010 4:59 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Nope ... wouldn't know who she is if she bit me on the butt. Did she cheat on her taxes also?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Frankin paid his taxes just to the wrong state, Bachmann tell the poor to pull up there bootstraps then collects welfare for her farm to almost 800,000, it's a republican Hippocratic oath thing.Forget the coolaid chew the teabag
On 1/7/2010 9:57 PM, Rusty wrote:

IP Information - 70.67.34.24 Host name    S01060020ed678525.pi.shawcable.net Country     Canada Canada Country Code    CA Region    British Columbia City    Port Alberni Latitude    49.2333 Longitude    -124.8
... and why would YOU give a shit, eh?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Harsh.

Harsh.
======================================== A virtual knee capping ...

Not really. Swingman pretty much declared something about himself, more than about the person he thought he was getting up on.
We now know that Swingman has very limited knowlege of, or interest in, the rest of the world around him. He thinks that beyond his immediate surroundings, nothing of importance exists.
He knee capped himself.
On 1/8/2010 5:31 AM, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Actually, it is but a simple concept, but one obviously difficult for someone who could exhibit the immaturity above to grasp.
Effectively judging the validity of a viewpoint or opinion most often entails determining how much skin the proponent has in the game ... as demonstrated in this instance, little to none.
A bit more maturity may help your understanding of that concept, so keep trying.

You wished ... trust me, not something that will ever happen on your account.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

He's Canadian, so he cares.
On 1/8/2010 8:15 AM, Robatoy wrote:
Some care, some don't, and, like your meddlesome and impertinent neighbor down the street, it pays to identify.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Somebody wrote: ==================================> Oh... and we got something you don't have:>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjyrp6lYI2I&feature=related

==========================Made my day.
Thank you.
Lew
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 22:26:41 -0600, the infamous Swingman

'Cuz they're next, after the Middle East?
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10

Oh, okay.. that means we won't have to worry for a few hundred years or more..
scrawled the following:

It won't take that long. People will get tired of it at some point and we'll just give up and claim a great victory.
Rusty wrote:

Actually, that is not really true: <http://wcco.com/realitycheck/al.franken.taxes.2.712757.html <http://newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/al-franken-taxes/2009/02/06/id/340085 It is really unknown whether he paid the proper amount in his own state because he hasn't released his tax returns. That also doesn't explain the fact that, even when working in New York, and claiming to live there, he failed to pay a $25,000 fine for failing to carry workers' compensation for his employees. Now, one would think that a champion of the little guy and the middle class would have been scrupulously careful to make sure he was abiding by workers' compensation requirements, wouldn't you?

Um, if you are referring to legally eligible farm subsidies, there is a vast difference between something legally granted and failing to pay legally required taxes or carry legally required workers comp insurance.

Not nearly so much as the leftwing that whines and moans about the "rich" not paying their fair share when a) they themselves are wealthy, and b) there is nothing preventing them from paying more than they owe.

Rob Leatham

Just like all republican businessmen look after their workforce(s)?
Glass houses, etc., Mark.
Robatoy wrote:

Given that the subject was the idea that somehow Bachman is a hypocrite for legally accepting farm subsidy monies while it was implied that it was not hypocritical for the "champion of the common man" Franken to fail to cover his own workers (in violation of the law), I don't see that you have a point.

Rob Leatham

My reference was about hypocrisy. Period. Franken (who, IMO isn't even funny) indeed did a hypocritical thing. My point was that he doesn't have an exclusive on that. I didn't mean to imply that Bachman was/is a hypocrite <smirk>..she's just plain bats-in-the-belfry bananas. As far as Harvard is concerned, if you're going for a business degree, you might as well buy one at Harvard as it seems to have some cach.
Hypocrisy belongs on the Seven Deadly Sin List. Replace Gluttony... if that's a 'Deadly' all of North America is in trouble.