Some of you will get a kick out of this...

"High tech"* furniture.
http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/555stool
*or maybe not so high tech now...
On 7/1/2011 6:12 PM, lektric dan wrote:

Great site ... need some chocolate covered jelly babies to go with those gummi frogs.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
lektric dan wrote:

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Why don't you ply him for the answer ??
Dah-dit-dah
On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 16:12:08 -0700 (PDT), lektric dan

There's a lot of wood in there for it's use.
In college, we used to use "MPBs" (Multi-Purpose Bricks, i.e. cinder blocks) for footstools, snack tables, stash-tray supports, remote stands, whatever. And toe stubs.
-Zz

CNC router, eh? Robatoy, here is a new product idea!!
Whacha waiting for?

GREAT. I got into electronics in 1942 as a hobby. When solid state stuff started out if I recall the 555 chip was about $150.00. A few years went by before I could afford one when the prices came down. Now About 20 cents. Will ask our youngest son if he will make a smaller one from a block of aluminum on his CNC mill. WW