Some history

I have been lurking here for a couple of years and posting occasionally. I did post some real bloopers as OT, and some not, and apologized for them - usually. I keep seeing comments about some Wreckers having left the site sometime ago over something or another. I was not around here when that happened. I will appreciate it if a knowledgeable "old hand" still here would provide details, or a blow-by-blow of what all happened and why. I appreciate that such info may be troublesome for some in this group. Just send me an e-mail to my valid address above.

Respectfully, Hoyt W.

Reply to
Hoyt Weathers

why on earth do you want to re-hash old issues, Hoyt? What's over is OVER. I can't imagine anything good coming of gossiping via e-mail.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

blow-by-blow of what

Good Grief....I cannot think of anything more depressing than re-opening old wounds....Trolls come & trolls go, leave them under their slimy rocks where they belong & for those safely locked up in cages....don't rattle the cages or feed them please!

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Hoyt Weathers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net:

Well, if you must, there are archives on Google, but I don't know of a much less rewarding task than winnowing through all of that.

The other thought is that no one remembers things 'as they were at the time'. Mostly, human nature is to consider, hopefully learn, and keep the learnings.

And people have differing perspectives. If you don't think so, ask your kids about various points in your family history. It isn't just your memory getting fuzzy, although that happens to many of us.

My advice, worth exactly what you'll pay for it, is to let it all go.

Patriarch, where hope springs eternal....

Reply to
patriarch