Some Carlin carvin YES, woodworking, sorta, related.

Just having some fun converting grey(gray)scale images to 3D bumpmaps then carving a slab of Corian with my router so I get, what is called, a Lithopane. The dark areas are full 1/2" thickness, the light areas (like the eyeballs) are 1/32" thern back lit. the 'positive, is looking at it from the flat side. The 'carved side shows a lot more detail and is a bit spooky. The colour original hangs in my office.

Robatoy

fan.

Now just think, a little more technology and you can breathe life into it. You could have the world's first wise crackin' countertop!

Reply to
Lee Michaels