Solid Surface supplier ?

clue token: Corian is ±1/3 acrylic resin (also known as PolyMethyl MethAcrylate) and ±2/3 natural minerals.

The main ingredient is the mineral Aluminum TriHydrate (ATH) derived from bauxite, an ore from which aluminum is extracted.

(save your clue tokens. get the whole set. trade them with friends. if you should ever gather up enough to actually buy a clue - call somebody and tell them. i'll bet they will be excited - and surprised.)

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Yah ya got me there on that one Skippy. What I really wanted to say/should have said is, the seam kits from DuPont work. Now, I'm sure what it is you have going at your end would work for you but why would I ever want to risk warrantee just because you told me so? You know what I mean?

In other words, I'll stay with the tried and true onna 'count of I know it works. You on the other hand are here without credentials and as far as I know you're as brain dead, or as full of shit, as guys like Woody when he's giving out 'lektrikal advice (advise in wreckspeak).

UA100, who is really only hanging onto this one for sport, no really, I am...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Now, what do you believe the relevance of this information to be?

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you do not understand the relevance of the above information to your question about why joining an acrylic based product like Corian is different than joining acrylic aquaria, et al - then I was correct in my assumption that I own small appliances that are smarter than you are.

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Good of you to admit it to Skippy, whoever or whatever Skippy might be. But what makes you believe that this "Skippy" gives a damn?

Who has disputed this? The issue is not their performance but their availability.

Who has told you to "risk warrantee"?

If you had paid attention to what _I_ meant this discussion would not have taken place, but you chose to ignore the points being raised and instead get all threatened and defensive.

There are, since this point has clearly gone right by you, people in the world who can get Corian but can't get the seam kit, and who for whatever reason want to bond the stuff. Since they aren't certified installers there is no warrantee even if they use the seam kit but they may not care about that any more than they care that there is no warrantee on a piece of pine. My comments were addressed at the needs of this group, who cannot get your seam kit and canot get your warrantee and to whom both are thus irrelevant.

Now, do you have anything _constructive_ to say to this group other than "don't do it because it's not the DuPont Way"?

This is certainly a reasonable course of action.

You are also here without "credentials" (and don't bother to try to post them unless you can (a) prove that they are valid and (b) prove that you are the person to whom they were issued) and give every appearance of being insuffiiciently literate to figure out that a discussion of alternatives to the seam kit for those who cannot get the seam kit is not advocacy of abandonment of the seam kit by those who have access to it.

However, now I understand--you must be new to USENET--nobody gives a damn about your "credentials" if you can't defend your argument. And so far the only defense you have given of your argument is that "it's not the DuPont Way".

Sure you are.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I see. So you really don't have a clue what the relevance of your observation might be and so you attempt to mask that ignorance with name calling. Care to try again?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Could almost be WWPecker in troll drag, who has improved his vocabulary only to exceed his intelligence.

Reply to
Swingman

One thing that Cambria states is that they manufacture their product in Minnesota (if that makes a difference to you). [Still not comfortable with their claims that Cambria is "Natural Stone" though]

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Describe how small.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I'm not sure about the 'lectric pencil sharpener but he wouldn't win a battle of wits with anything from the microwave on up.

Reply to
Tom Watson

Reply to
J. Clarke

Don't tell me you're one of those guys who's still pissed that the Internet got turned over to the common folk. How long are you guys going to go on about this?

Well, it is.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Dunno, it's hard to keep track of 'em.

Reply to
Tom Watson

Not quite. From

"The adhesive used to bond sheets of Corian® during fabrication contains methylmethacrylate, or MMA for short."

MMA is also a two-part mix, but it's not epoxy.

Reply to
tim124c41

Bullshit ... You can argue semantics/split hairs all day long, but MMA fits the accepted definition of "expoxy" as commonly used in the building and cabinet trades.

Swingman

He got you GOOD on that last post of his, Keeter. Boy do you look STOOPID now! Go J.C! (I was referring to the warranty issue, in case you've finally lost those last few thousand brain cells you've been hanging onto for god knows what useful purpose).

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Yup, newcomer going all defensive when he finds out that he's not going to get away with what worked in the small universe he used to inhabit.

About what? Expecting people to defend their arguments with reason and logic rather than simply asserting over and over again "you're wrong" and when that doesn't work following up with name calling?

So what?

Reply to
J. Clarke

"What Is Methyl Methacrylate? MMA stands for Methylmethacrylate. It is a resin which is cured with a small amount of peroxide. MMA can be soft (like contact lenses) or hard (like Plexi Glass).

Why Is Methyl Methacrylate Better than Conventional Epoxies? With MMA you are ready for the next step in less than one hour! This means jobs can be completed in less time than ever before possible with conventional epoxies."

Regards, Tom.

Thomas J.Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

On Mon, 31 May 2004 19:33:03 GMT, hwmnbn outgassed:

Who cut the cheese?