Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

Page 3 of 5

Research Article Viscoelastic behaviour of epoxy resins modified with poly(methyl methacrylate) I. Mondragon 1 *, P. M. Remiro 1, M. D. Martin 1, A. Valea 1, M. Franco 1, V. Bellenguer 2 1Departamento Ingeniería Química y del Medio Ambiente, Escuela Universitaria Ingeniería Técnica Industrial, Universidad País Vasco/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea (UPV/EHU), Avda. Felipe IV, 1 B, 20011 San Sebastián/Donostia, Spain 2École Nationale Supérieure dArts et Métiers (ENSAM), 151, boulevard de lHôpital, 75640 Paris, France
Abstract The viscoelastic behaviour of a stoichiometric diglycidyl ether of bisphenol-A, (DGEBA), 4,4-diaminodiphenylmethanes (DDM)s epoxy matrix modified with several amounts of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) has been studied by dynamic-mechanical analysis. Mixtures pre-cured at 80°C ranged from transparency to opacity as thermoplastic content changed from 5 to 15wt%. These changes have been attributed to variations in the ratio between polymerization rate and phase separation rate when PMMA content increased in the mixtures. When PMMA segregated from the epoxy matrix during curing, it had no influence on the crosslinking density of the epoxy phase. The clear decrease of temperature and activation energy of the relaxation with respect to those values for the neat matrix, observed for the 5wt% PMMA-containing mixture but not for the 15wt% PMMA-containing one, are proposed to be a consequence of physical interactions between the PMMA chains and some epoxy oligomers. The dissimilar variation of the height of the relaxation with frequency when compared to that for the other relaxations studied, outlines the significance of physical factors influencing this relaxation. © 1998 Society of Chemical Industry
Funding Agency: UPV; Grant Number: 112.263-EA135/92 Funding Agency: CICYT; Grant Number: AP92-15998035
Regards, Tom.
✖
more quotes from Tommy!
dave
Tom Watson wrote:
snip snip
Add pictures here
✖

You don't get it, do you, davey?
Regards, Tom.
✖
Tommy, Tommy, Tommy! I do, I do!
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Tom Watson wrote:

Good try. Shame you don't understand what you're reading. For example "when PMMA segregated from the epoxy matrix during curing, it had no influence on the crosslinking of the epoxy phase". Right there in your own quote it is clearly stated that PMMA is different from epoxy.

--
--John
✖

John...
I think that that WAS his point....
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

If so, I apologize, I'm losing track of the players in this discussion.
--
--John
✖
On 31 May 2004 12:01:16 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) wrote:

"What Is Methyl Methacrylate? MMA stands for Methylmethacrylate. It is a resin which is cured with a small amount of peroxide. MMA can be soft (like contact lenses) or hard (like Plexi Glass).
Why Is Methyl Methacrylate Better than Conventional Epoxies? With MMA you are ready for the next step in less than one hour! This means jobs can be completed in less time than ever before possible with conventional epoxies."
http://www.florock.net/ulfcar /
Regards, Tom.
✖
Tom Watson wrote:

Now, what point do you think you're making here? Are you suggesting that something being compared to "conventional epoxies" implies that it is an "unconventional epoxy"? Or are you agreeing that it's not an epoxy? Or what?
Because it's not an epoxy any way you cut it. <http://www.netcomposites.com/education.asp?sequence > gives a briefrundown on the chemical structure of epoxies. Compare that with <http://chemistry.about.com/library/graphics/blmma.htm for methylmethacrylate.

--
--John
✖
J. Clarke wrote:

It's not the seam kits that are some great dark secret but what people will do with them if they could get them and that's pretty much make and install Corian improperly thus causing DuPont more headaches than they really care to deal with. As it's set up they can control quality by making sure everyone who uses it has been properly trained.
UA100
Add pictures here
✖
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Is there an echo in here?
--
--John
✖
J. Clarke wrote:

Just trying to see what it is I said to sent you into such a sphincter puckering tail spin.
Care to comment on which of the words it is that set you off?
UA100
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 31 May 2004 16:32:10 -0400, "J. Clarke"
...endlessly...
You do it your way.
Let us know how you make out.
<watson goes about scraping the last of the dogshit off his shoe and wanders into the house to talk with normal people, more or less.>
Regards, Tom.
✖
Now, now Tom. The weekend at the shore was supposed to relax and calm you. Here you come back and let Mr. Apr. 1st get you all fired up again. Good idea - - go inside, get a cold one, or 2, or 3, take some of JOAT's dried frog pills and settle back down. Maybe even warp your legs into the "lotus" position(if your knees will take it) and get into your mantra - "ooommmmmmmmmmm". If the yoga & mantra won't work, then just say "the hell with it" and sprawl out in the recliner!
We had a great time down in the Amish country. Ate too much, bought too much, ate too much, spent too much time in the outlet malls, ate too much. Did I mention we ate too much? This was her(our?) annual bash. Mother's Day, her birthday, and our anniversary all fall in a 3-4 week period, so she gets one major "outing" to cover all three. Fri. was our 44th anniversary. Kay even found a special T-shirt for the wRECk in a "Big Dog" store, picture forthcoming on abpw in a couple days. She even managed to score a quilt from me, which shall remain un-priced in public, and we came back by way of Williamsport, hoping "big green" would be open, as the quid pro quo for the quilt is a new G0555, but they were closed. Oh well, another week or two and I make a Saturday run!
--
Nahmie
The first myth of management is that management exists.
Tom Watson wrote:

That's because the chemistry is supposedly available only from DuPont. The rest one can figure out one way or another.

Who's got a seam kit? And you mean that it's not labelled?

Substitute "Jarrah" or "Ipe" for "Corian" in the above and do any of the questions change? Do you know the answers to all of them? Does that mean that we should not try to make things out of Jarrah or Ipe?
I'm sorry, but the fact that one is going to have to do some experimentation to back into the information that duPont _could_ make available at no cost to themselves, does not make solid surface impossible for anybody but those who have been trained by DuPont to work with, it just means that one has to devote the same effort to learning its properties that one does to learning the properties of any unfamiliar material.
And what is the cost of a screwed up countertop bond? It's just something to fix. It's not like the world ends or anything.
Now, if you really cared about helping people instead of protecting us from ourselves then you might provide the benefit of your vast training and experience.

--
--John
✖
J. Clarke wrote:

Given a drop of their magic elixir it would be an easy job to determine what their seam kit holds. FTIR Mass Spectroscopy and a few other analytical tools will tell all.
RB

Add pictures here
✖
RB wrote:

Yup. And any way you cut it there's unlikely to be anything at all special about it. But figuring it out requires tools that the average woodworker doesn't have. Be nice if someone with access to the right facilities _did_ get hold of a sample and post the analysis somewhere.

--
--John
✖
J. Clarke wrote:

Only by DuPont's standards.
UA100
Add pictures here
✖
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Meaningless statement. Says you have no experience, no test results, no theory, nothing to suggest that there might be a problem, all that you know is that DuPont told you one way to do a job and so to your way of thinking that is the only possible way to do it.
--
--John
✖

Wow! How do you breath with your pants so bunched up J.?
UA100
Add pictures here
✖