Solid Surface supplier ????????????????????

Page 2 of 5
On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:11:05 -0400, "J. Clarke"

If you do not understand the relevance of the above information to your question about why joining an acrylic based product like Corian is different than joining acrylic aquaria, et al - then I was correct in my assumption that I own small appliances that are smarter than you are.
<watson-who is kinda looking forward to dickhead trying out his meth chloride idea>
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

I see. So you really don't have a clue what the relevance of your observation might be and so you attempt to mask that ignorance with name calling. Care to try again?

--
--John
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
"J. Clarke" wrote:

Could almost be WWPecker in troll drag, who has improved his vocabulary only to exceed his intelligence.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
Tom Watson wrote:

Describe how small.
UA100

I'm not sure about the 'lectric pencil sharpener but he wouldn't win a battle of wits with anything from the microwave on up.
<watson-who thinks it's funny that mr. clarke posted for the first time on the Wreck, on April Fools Day of 2004.>
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

Now you go back through posting histories instead of coming up with some kind of semi-plausible logic to support your argument.

--
--John

Yo Tom, Is he the guy that slammed me a couple/few threads ago when I called the guy a liar?
UA100, who's thinking it's a cornspiracy...

Dunno, it's hard to keep track of 'em.
<watson-who meant both threads and liars and finds both to be thoroughly cornfused.>
<btw-we've gotten back to 'corn' - is this anythng like the 'six degrees of kevin bacon'? ya know, like mebbe the six degrees of hwmnbn?>
Regards, Tom.
Can you spell "S o c k p u p p e t "? Who's not getting his share of attention?
--
Greg

"Caution - quoting history's great people may stir feelings of inadequacy in
Who cut the cheese?
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

Not quite. From http://www.parksite.com/productgroups/msds/msds_3_42.pdf
"The adhesive used to bond sheets of Corian during fabrication contains methylmethacrylate, or MMA for short."
MMA is also a two-part mix, but it's not epoxy.

Bullshit ... You can argue semantics/split hairs all day long, but MMA fits the accepted definition of "expoxy" as commonly used in the building and cabinet trades.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/epoxy http://www.epoxysystems.com/mmahom.htm
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04

nontechnical source, and just plain wrong.

Epoxy is not a generic term for 2 part glues.

Yeah, but you will call a groove a dado.

Just don't tell the Mexican Corian installer that's not "epoxy" he's mixing ... he'll laugh your ass off the job site.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
Swingman wrote:

"RB" wrote in message

I agree ... you do "see nothing".
It could be that you either didn't read, or that you jumped so quickly to correct, like some of the other "technically correct" around here, that you failed to understand/grasp what was said: That "epoxy" is a term commonly used for the two part adhesives/fillers used by those installing solid surface countertops, whether these mixtures be technically "epoxy" or not ... you even witness a licensed Corian installer make the EXACT same reference in a previous post ... which proves my original point, whether you agree or not.
Now, I used to think that "Political Correctness" was a pox on the cultural landscape, but damn if it doesn't pale in comparison with the petty "Technical Correctness" gleefully wielded hereabouts at every opportunity as one-upmanship.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04
Swingman wrote:

If you think that "Technical correctness" is mere one-upsmanship, one these days reality is going to bite you in the ass bigtime. With any luck you'll survive the experience with your limbs intact.
--
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

I favor genetic selection.
RB

Epoxy is used to refer to any two-part adhesive system only by those whose knowledge is so lacking that all they comprehend is that two parts of something are to be mixed together.
Fortunately the English language is very robust and it affords us the opportunity when it is important to speak in a manner such that ambiguities and misunderstandings are kept to a minimum. One of the ways this is done is to know the definitions of words. What you are saying is that because someone who didn't know the meaning of the word "epoxy" and used it to refer to a totally different adhesive "epoxy" has now been redefined.
It doesn't work that way. "Technical correctness" isn't the issue. If the words you utter don't have a universally understood meaning (a definition) then you might just as well communicate with monosyllabic grunts.
Proper use of the language is frequently an indicator of one's education, knowledge and intelligence. Improper use of the language is... well I let you complete the thought.
RB
Swingman wrote:

"RB" wrote in message ...

Precisely! See, that wasn't so difficult, was it? ... and it dovetails nicely witth my remarked upon "common usage" of the term, doncha think?.
BTW, to be "technically correct" there are really no "dovetails", as such, in the above sentence, but you now get the idea of common usage, right?

<snip>
And unfortunately, anyone with a keyboard, and delusions of superiority, can pollute a woodworking forum with sanctimonious crap like the snippage.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04