Solid furniture base and tackless carpet strips

Anyone compensating for carpeting tackless strips for objects designed to put against the wall? If so how? I am looking at modifying a blanket chest / toybox that the design doesn't really lend well to legs or any kind of leveling device. However if I don't I'm concerned about the lid falling over as it just tips over center and leans against the wall now and I know there are locking mechanisms to be had but it really shouldn't be necessary.
Thanks EJ
Please reply to group

Try small wedges inserted under the front of the piece. I do this with bookcases, prior to securing them to the wall with some sort of anchor. We live in earthquake country.
Patriarch
I would put one of those gas filled shock absorbers on the lid. That way the kids can't let the lid slam and it would hold it open. GD
Eric Johnson wrote:

Thats kind of what I'm leaning to. My other thought was to build up the inside of the base trim that could be cut to accomodate the strips and raise the whole thing 3/4" but have that inner piece easily removable so if you don't need it unscrew it. I build several of these things for x-mas time each year and sell 'em cheap and this is the one complaint I have from past customers.

You build a square, plumb item for cheap and they complain?????