Solid Edge 2D

I know some here have asked about the free versions of cad software before. In this month's issue of CADALYST magazine (covering the CAD industry) there was a news item that Solidedge is offering their 2D package free for download. The item was accompanied by the quote: "We are talking top-notch 2D drafting here; not the weak teasers the industry has seen offered free in the past."

I have no affiliation with them nor have I checked it out for the details or worthiness of the software as I have access to AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor. I just thought I would pass this along for anyone who doesn't have something else. The link given is

daryl1138

FYI, the download is in excess of 233 MB, so if you're on a slow connection, be prepared for a loooooong wait.

I've downloaded it, but haven't yet installed it so can't give any critique.

Reply to
Tom Veatch