Solid brass draw catch?

I want something like this:

cast brass, not brass plated steel.

This is close:

lacks the draw function and is just a bit too small (there doesn't seem to be a large).

William

Reply to
willadams

I would look at suppliers of hardware for musical instrument & flight cases. A quick look via google for "instrument case catches" brought up a full page of suppliers with solid brass catches...

One of many...

Reply to
Digger

There may be something here:

Sonny

Broaden your search to include Marine Hardware stores / chandlers

You will see lots in stainless steel, but there are lots of brass fittings out there. As far as sizes go, they will be (tiny) for securing instrument cases to (huge) engine hatches. One such place is West Marine.

> but cast brass, not brass plated steel.

Reply to
Matt

> but cast brass, not brass plated steel.

I suspect you may not find a solid brass latch "with draw function". Brass is relatively soft and will probably stretch/deform in that use.

Reply to
Leon

For such things I first search Google, then click on Images, then filter by image color. Brass is yellow.

Here's the search term: "Solid brass" draw +(catch, latch)

And the filtered image results:

RicodJour

I suspect you're right. I'll probably go w/ a pair of the medium catches.

William

Reply to
willadams

After looking a bit more, I did find a solid brass draw catch, but it's _huge_:

alternatives were:

Shutter Bar -

Clasp -

willadams