Solid brass draw catch?

I want something like this:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001103/33063/Draw-Catch-Pair-Brass-Finish.aspx
but cast brass, not brass plated steel.
This is close:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2003743/2062/Medium-Catch.aspx
but lacks the draw function and is just a bit too small (there doesn't seem to be a large).
William
On 9/10/2011 7:20 PM, William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001103/33063/Draw-Catch-Pair-Brass-Finish.aspx
I would look at suppliers of hardware for musical instrument & flight cases. A quick look via google for "instrument case catches" brought up a full page of suppliers with solid brass catches...
<http://www.hardwareelf.com/elf/latchesandlocks.jsp
One of many...
--
Digger
Bob O'Dell

On 9/10/2011 6:20 PM, William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote:

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2001103/33063/Draw-Catch-Pair-Brass-Finish.aspx
I suspect you may not find a solid brass latch "with draw function". Brass is relatively soft and will probably stretch/deform in that use.

I suspect you're right. I'll probably go w/ a pair of the medium catches.
William
On Sep 11, 2:39pm, "William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)"

After looking a bit more, I did find a solid brass draw catch, but it's _huge_:
http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=40872&cat=3,41399,41406
other alternatives were:
Shutter Bar - http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=40874&cat=3,41399,41408 Ball Clasp - http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=46514&cat=3,41399
William
On 9/12/2011 9:10 AM, William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) wrote:

How about that!

On Sep 10, 7:20pm, "William F. Adams ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)"

For such things I first search Google, then click on Images, then filter by image color. Brass is yellow.
Here's the search term: "Solid brass" draw +(catch, latch)
And the filtered image results:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Solid+brass%22+draw+%2B%28catch,+latch%29&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=h36&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1147&bih=567&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=WMtsTszODoHi0QG2mviZBQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CFUQ_AUoAQ#q=%22Solid+brass%22+draw+%2B%28catch,+latch%29&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ROm&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&prmd=ivns&source=lnt&tbs=ic:specific,isc:yellow&sa=X&ei=W8tsTqr3I6Tx0gHS69WbBQ&ved=0CBYQpwU&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=8bc3f29de83076f&biw=1147&bih=567
or
http://tinyurl.com/3ud6wk3