Software

I have been putzing around writing some software to help me out in the shop with materials, parts, and punch lists. It keeps me organized when I head to lumber yard and the shop. I put little projects that I read in the magazines or books so I don't forget them.

Anyway, I thought someone else might get some use out of it. I kept it pretty plain jane so it's easy to use, but it will handle projects up to 5000 different parts (yikes!) I'm looking for $20 to download a copy, but I will continue to keep it updated (which is does in the background like windows) forever as long as someone is interested. Version 1,2,500 it doesn't matter much to me.

Take a look

robthebuilder

You should have a screenshot of the software on your website.

Reply to
Rick O

"Rick O" wrote in news:Hgd7g.7775$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

Continuing the top posting answer - I agree with Rick. A picture is worth a thousand words. It should be fairly easy to capture screenshots & paste them into the website (not that I do it daily).

I also saw Rob's essay on MS. Someone I occasionally see on the train while commuting from North Jersey to the Big Apple has MS too. He was part of the Tysabri trial, was very enthusiastic about it and horribly disappointed when Tysabri was taken off the market. He fervently hopes it will become available again, which is quite possible, maybe even likely. Apparently it is much easier on the patient then the interferon therapy. However, everyone should make a really considered and informed choice on the risks and benefits of the use of these types of drugs. MS is indeed a horrible disease, but even without therapy (as in the

1960's) a patient can live quite well, as I understand the mother of one of my wife's friends did.

Good luck, Rob and wife!

Reply to
Han

Good. You're doing it right. Now, if more people would catch on.

Reply to
CW

But you will notice that he properly responded at the bottom of the top posting.

I like the sig one poster had at one time:

"Because it messes up the continuity of the message.

What's wrong with top posting?

Top posting

What's the biggest problem with messages in Usenet today?"

Kind of summarizes the whole issue right there. My apologies for not knowing who to credit.

Mark & Juanita

Makes perfect sense if you had read the previous message. If you hadn't, all you have to do is look, once, then you're up on the conversation. With bottom (wrong way) posting, every message through the entire thread is a pain in the ass.

Reply to
CW

I put a screen shot up on the site. I use it constantly with the windows calculator so I show that in the picture as well.

Han wrote- He was part of the Tysabri trial, was very enthusiastic about it and horribly disappointed when Tysabri was taken off the market.

My wife was selected for Ty as well. The big deal about Ty is that it is only taken once a month, where today you choices are taking a shot every day or taking a shot every week, but having the flu 5 out of those 7 days. Needless to say the whole MS community was excited about Ty. I'm not as optimistic as most people are that Ty will return. The clinicals where very public and very disastrous.

But thanks for reading the essay.

Reply to
robthebuilder

I just visited the site and didn't see a screenshot. Link?

RicodJour

"robthebuilder" wrote in news:1147146345.209386.281920 @j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I didn't either .

I don't have MS, and I don't know what I would do - take Tysabri or "older" medications. I do think Tysabri will return in some form/regimen, but it will require very intense scrutiny and follow-up. MS is a horrible disease, not in the least because it can be sort of dormant for a long time and then suddenly get much worse, either as an episode or more permanently.

I keep wishing you and your wife all the best. If I were a praying person, I would, so if that helps you, I will.

Reply to
Han

link has the screen shot on it.

It's funny how much lemonade comes from the lemons of a life changing disease. This program is a perfect example. Dealing with the MS requires absolute discipline and organization. Since this what I do for a living, I had to come up with a way to get more organized and productive in the shop. Here it is.

We had been married twelve years before she was diagnosed. Our marriage is now stronger than it's ever been. I think it's not only because of what the future has in store, but nagging of doing the dishes or a shopping trip that went a little overboard seems kind of stupid comparatively. I not suggesting that anyone go out and try to contact a significant illness, but I am just saying that in a way, it's been good for us.

So if you feel like you need to start praying again and can use us as a excuse, by all means go ahead. I certainly say a prayer of thanks everyday. But, be true to yourself.

Rob

Reply to
robthebuilder