Sofa Table Repair

I have a post on a.b.p.w. showing the large failed joint and repair on a customers artistic sofa table. Another saved piece of furniture. What do you think Lawrence?

Who me? The repair looks good to me and, as you mentioned, is really the only option you had. Since the edge of the table, by design, is 'natural' the possibility of cutting a strip off there to fill the opening for a grain match probably wouldn't do. On the underside, I might have considered several dutchmen along the repair seam to reinforce my work.
Larry