Sofa Table

Posted on ABPW
I have completed my first piece of indoor furniture as a present to my Wife, and like so many others, have learned so much, and have so much more to learn. Of course I know all the mistakes, and things I would do differently. It is built to fit behind the love seat, not the full size sofa.
The wood is all Wormy Chestnut from Pennsylvania. The top is two pieces jointed, glued with biscuits. While I wouldn't have rounded the corners or the top, the Wife wanted it that way, so who am I to argue. The legs are also two pieced glued and turned on my lathe.
The finish is a Danish oil without color, but it darkened the wood considerably, and hand rubbed.