SoCal (Simi Valley) Woodworking...

Page 2 of 2
It took me a while to get used to that when I moved to SoCal from Florida. 'Course I lived far enough south that the Santa Ana freeway for me was going North on the 5. I lived off the 241 Foothills toll road, IIRC.
It's been 10 years since we abandoned all that for Texas and the dear old 290 Northwest Freeway. All our freeways and toll roads here have both names & numbers. I grew up down around the Gulf Freeway, I45 South.
People get so confused when you tell them to go East on 610 North until it turns into 610 East, then go South to I10 East if you want to get from my house to Beaumont. Then I help them out by telling them just go East on the North Loop, South on the East Loop, then East on the East Freeway. Clears it right up.
John

In San Francisco, near the east side of the Bay Bridge, you can drive on I-80 Eastbound and I-580 Westbound at the SAME TIME. Go figure.

And your compass heading is Northbound.

No need to apologize. Irritates the heck out of me; it's a very annoying habit with no real good reason for being other than somebody's idea that it sounds cool. They are doing the same thing here in Tucson, "Traffic on THE 10 is blocked at Congress ..., Everything looking good on THE 19." Folks, it's I-10 or Interstate 10. THE 10 is Bo Derek, OK? [Well, sort-of, I was always more partial to Cheryl Tiegs myself].
So I'm guessing that there really isn't an over-abundance of WW supply stores in the northern part of LA or the valley aside from Rockler? Man, that's brutal... But, it beats Home Despot...
John Emmons wrote:

Well to be truthful I don't know. I don't live in that part of Los Angeles county. I know of the Rockler store in Pasadena and I know that there are more around.
For all I know there could be one in Simi Valley itself. I was simply going off what the OP asked about.
John E.

lived.
know

There's lots of places that aren't Rockler. Find a copy of the magazine/newsletter called Woodworking West. Very SoCal oriented, and lots of advertising from SoCal shops. Just not national chains.
Patriarch, near Oakland, in the north...
"pharmdave" wrote:
> So I'm guessing that there really isn't an over-abundance of WW supply > stores in the northern part of LA or the valley aside from Rockler? > Man, that's brutal... But, it beats Home Despot...
That would not be a good assumption, IMHO.
There are over 16 million people in SoCal, much to big a market to ignore.
I'm more than 50 miles east of Simi.
Around here, Rockler would be my last choice.
Lew
You're building a boat 50 miles east of Simi Valley?
Gotta be a labor of love.
John E.