So what do you do with your planer chips?

Page 2 of 2
I give mine, including sawdust from the table saw and trim saw, to my neighbour by tossing them over the fence into his chicken run. It keeps the mud down and gives the chickens something to scratch through. It disappears into the dirt in a couple of weeks.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:13:53 -0400, "EXT"

I would love to give mine to my brother-in-law for his chickens, or use them in the wife's guinea pig cage, but I worry about MDF and plywood dust and chips that get mixed in.
Do you guys who use chips for animals do much with composites?
Am I worrying too much?

As someone who gets (bad) allergic reactions from the dust from MDF and plywood, it seems inhumane to me to directly expose any animals to the glue dust. I think your "worrying" here is right on the mark.
Peace, Bill

I have a friend that is a potter and uses them in a wood fired pit kiln
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org