So... Think we will get bombarded again?

Thinking of just copying the whole group's contents over the FTC after yesterday as a bulk complaint...

Hopefully, I can read some neat on-topic stuff from you guys today.

Joe in Northern, NJ V#8013 '86 VN750

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Life? eMail me!

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Reply to
Joe

Think the sun'll come up? Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

who has the time for crap like this....some kid or just some lame idiot with nothing to do in life?

Reply to
aswr

So, you're saying it must be a regular, then?

Reply to
Gus

The the unemployed people in Ohio because George Bush..... Oh wait....its after the election, they are now unemployed because of Ohios tax on tooling is so high that companies are moving out..... any way... they have the time..

Reply to
Rick Cox

Rick, that's a fact! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

AFAIK, the FTC only takes complaints about email spam, not UseNet abuse, and certainly not about DOS attacks in either medium. FWIW, all they do with the email complaints is store them for statistical study of the spam.

E.g. it would be abusive to use the FTC spam reporting address to report UseNet spam or any UseNet abuse, email DOS attacks and so on. Not their baliwick.

If you want to understand the flood, to the extent it is possible to understand it, do a Google search on 'Hipcrime'.

Reply to
fredfighter

Well, to be fair, Hipcrime is a different case in intent at least, though some of the techniques appear to be the same. Why they feel we should be collateral damage I don't know, but there is no accounting for people with so little kindness, dignity or self-esteem. Actually I don't even understand the persecution of Vito; that is like shooting fish in a barrel.

PK

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

Paul Kierstead wrote: snip

Think of kids pulling wings off of flies. No conscience, morality, no empathy, nothing to show a glimmer of humanity. Just amusment for their own sake. Sociopathy in action.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

You actually did sink your teeth into me not too long ago, Paul. But I reckon that may have been partially due to a misunderstanding. You asked me to show you my wreck posts of old, and I did but I never received a response back. In any case, I snapped at you too after you did at me and I apologize for it. I was caught up in the moment of things, as I suspect you were at the time too.

All of that is small potatoes compared to the attack I've been under for the last week or two. They're following me around from newsgroup to newsgroup. They've started rogue alt* newsgroups in my name in extremely offensive hierarchies, flooded my mailbox with threats, and started working on defamatory web sites about me. All because I defended the word of the Lord IN A RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION in news.groups. I apologize for any drivel that came into this newsgroup as a result of me just being myself. As you already figured out, it is ME they are attacking and not this newsgroup.

Why they are so infatuated with me is a mystery to me. An old man with a gazillion health problems must be prime troll cuisine on the menu this year.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn