Snowing in Houson

Page 1 of 4
The Christmas gumbo is on, the house smells good with the cooking for tomorrow, and the snow is actually sticking to the cars in the driveway.
Merry Christmas ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Swingman are you doing OK??????
This is the second post I have tried to chase you down on.
I repeat!!!!!!!

"Leon" wrote in message

> The Christmas gumbo is on, the house smells good with the cooking for

under
firm
flakes
radar
kind
LOL Hmmm ... wonder if Home Depot has any snow shovels?
Actually, I didn't see your post until after my post. All the neighborhood kids are out trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues. Might be another 16 years before they get the chance again.
Amazing what a few snow flurries on the Gulf Coast will do to everyone's attitude ... even the corner neighbors are being nice this morning.
Merry Christmas, Leon!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

I have lived in Houston since 1974. I remember that freeze. I was the Service Sales Manager for an Olds dealer and there were hundreds of cars with broken radiators being hauled in.

Down here in balmy Galveston County, there were 3 small specs of sleet so far. I guess we'll go to the beach for some sunbathing. :-)
Swingman wrote:

Glad to have sent it on... :)
Had from 2 to 4" up here and it was -2 F last night...all the way to 20 already today though! Will be near 60 Saturday again...ah, consistency on the High Plains... :)
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Well, at the moment I appreciate it more than you realize. ;>)
Gumbo on Christmas is a family tradition and, since it's always better the next day, with the expected 24F tonight I'll be able 'refrigerate' it out on the back porch tonight without having to pack the big pot in ice overnight.

We're looking for 70 by Tuesday ... sounds downright warm at the moment.
Merry Christmas ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

"Stephen Pinn" wrote in message

Want a hill in Houston? ... used to be on Jackson just off Allen Parkway going NW. Haven't been there in years, but, depending upon which way you were headed, the road plunged down the side of a real "hill" back in the old days ... of course the developers have probably leveled it off by now.
It's either that, Miller Outdoor Theater in Herman Park, or the ship channel bridge. ;>)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Stephen Pinn wrote:

Nah, just a horse! :)
I have a vivid memory re: "hills in Houston" from when I lived there (1982-1987).
It had rained hard for a long time and the low areas had flooded (there's a shock). On the evening news, they were interviewing the flood victims down on the southeast side. One woman with that unmistakable east-texas drawl proclaimed: "This is the eighth time we've been flooded out. I feel like we belong to the flood-of-the-month club. What we NEED is a hill."

Swingman wrote:

Freaky. Coming back from the MILs I noticed a lot of northbound trucks with snow boogers on them. I gather it must be snowing down in TN or western NC somewhere.
Bleah.
"Silvan" wrote in message

with
NC
Hell, it's still snowing in Houston at 9PM. The neighborhood kids made a snowman ...well, it's a small snowman, and they scrapped the snow off a dozen car trunks and hoods to do it, but it's cold and white and still sitting in the front yard.
Merry Christmas, Michael.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Swingman wrote: ...

Hell, the weatherman here last night was so amazed he showed the radar showing it snowing in Bronwsville, for heaven's sake! I'm going to have to call my kinfolk down there and see if they can tell what it's doing to their citrus groves as yet... :(

Gee, we have a real problem now. Hell is freezing over...
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 08:47:21 -0600, Duane Bozarth

Brownsville recorded the first snowfall accumulation since 1895. The whole coastal area got snow.
We are in North West Houston (1960-249 area) and barely a flake fell, dang!
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 03:13:03 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Tom) wrote:

We're right down the street (Jones - 1960) and got very little. We had to make a quick run to Sargent to drain the pipes at our place down there and hit heavy flurries on the way back - wife was thrilled. Actually had pretty good snowfall until we passed 290. We had snow on the roof and cars in the drive but snow was over by the time we got home.
Tom wrote: ....

I saw picture on the TV news last night of Victoria...but they didn't say anything about the actual low temperatures...I'm assuming (all that's probably naive) that a lack of mention means it didn't actually get cold enough long enough for the citrus to be severely damaged...