Smidgens to tads: Conversion chart.

Page 1 of 2
I just finished a design for a wall chart. Standard dimensions to Woodworkers dimensions.
Units:
Ticks...add a few ticks = 1/16th of an inch? Tads...take off a tad Smidgens...a smidgen too large C-hairs...move it JUST a C-hair Hairs..it is a hair too big Bits...move it over a bit Whispers... I think I'll plane off a whisper Littles.... put on a little glue. Mites Trifles Chunks
There are some disagreements as to how many whispers there are in a hair. I DO know that there are 14 tads to a smidgen.
Units of volume: How many shitloads in a bucket full?
There may be some regional units of measurements as well.
I could use some unput.....Please?
Rob.
.

Don't know, but there are 3 shit loads in a butt load.

There are 128 buckets full in a shitload, at least for an Imperial shitload, which is a truckfull (and not those pansy shortbed trucks either, the full sized ones that can hold a small import and have room for chickens). Not to be confused with a "shit load" (two words), which is 1/3 of an assload. Not to be confused with a metric assload, which is 26 heads of cabbage.
What *I* want to know is, how many whispers in a dammit? (whisper, whisper, whisper... dammit took too much off again - I guess it's three)

That is .004" Don't ask.
I think that is about equivalent to a "bump", which is close to a "plum"--these terms are usually applied only in the negative sense, though, as in "a 'bump' too far" or "'plum' out of line." "Plum", in this regard, is much like "way", but indicates a much smaller amount; however, a 'plum' is larger than a 'bump'. Any etymological association with "tad" is only speculative.
Dan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Ed, that's a big, fat, black one, not the thin, little, blonde ones. Ya gotta be specific in these things.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
wrote in message

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:25:40 +0000, Wood Butcher wrote:

Two pinks to one red, so pinks are finer yet.
- Doug

Doug Winterburn wrote:

But pinks ain't natural! To be pink its gotta be sprayed on, and that means its thicker. Or.....pink...., wait, too much information!
Not the red variety. They're much finer. Closer to .002
wrote in message

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Is that a BCH or an RCH. I always get then confused.
Glen
wrote in message

I'm REALLY confused. I always thought RCH was "Royal . . . .".
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

wrote in message

That would be a blonde C-hair?
Black - .005" Brown - .0045" Blond - .004" (Blonde is .0045") Auburn - .0035" Red - .003"
Wayne
NoOne N Particular wrote:

Excellent piece of research. I am humbled by your expertise. BTW, if you ever need a research assistant to explore this matter further, please let me know. I would love to apply for the position.
;-) Glen
ranted:

I had a girlfriend from a farm in South Dakota when I was in Phoenix for a year at tech school. Her sister (my buddy's girlfriend) collected all the pubies from the shower drain and made them into a "tree" for Christmas. I was -really- glad it wasn't my girlfriend who did that. I didn't dare ask where it was stored the rest of the time.
Ah, fond memories of teen years...
-------------------------------------------------------- Murphy was an Optimist ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
At MIT we studied a lot of units describing small things. For time, the smallest unit was a flick of a hen's dick. It takes a lot of those to make a microsecond! Wilson

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:46:21 -0500, "Norman D. Crow"

I very, very seldom miss a joke, Nahmie, but that one went right past me.
Update: As I write this, I think I got it. Little Tim and the Twins resembled said chicken parts.
-------------------------------------------------------- Murphy was an Optimist ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
calmly ranted:

says
Yep!
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.
[snip]

Little boy and a little girl, behind the barn doing some exploring. "Wow!!", shrieked the little girl, she points at the boy's penis and says: "Can I touch it?" The boy steps back and says: "HELL no!! You tore yours off already!"