smallest mortise you ever made?

Just for the heck of it -
what's the smallest hand-cut mortise you've ever made?
I've made a number of 1/8" by 7/16" -ers the past few days. I thought it was the best way to fasten something in tight quarters around rather thin wood. It wasn't really any harder than larger ones. In fact, the little 1/8" chisel sinks into hard woods so easily, it's fun.
James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com
brocpuffs wrote...

I had a similar experience with the mortises in my workbench base. The sharp little 1" chisel sinks into the pine so easily, it's fun.
(G)
Jim
Never measured them but made some picture frames with M&T joints using an Xacto knife and wooden match sticks and one big magnifying lamp....;-) Niece wanted some decorations for her doll house and thought some pictures would be nice.
Bob S.

well that pretty much ends THAT topic.
seriously though, Leigh has a photo in their catalog of mortice and tenon joints cut into match sticks with a router.
-Dan V.

Now that I gotta go look at....
I lost count of how many of the matchstick mortises split but I ended up putting some CA glue on them before cutting them out.
Bob S.

Yeah, I've seen that ad too. I wonder where you would get a router bit that small???
Layne