Small Tools - Modelers, Hobbyists.

Any of you into woodworking on a smaller scale?. I use a number of small power tools (and many hand tools) in scale modeling and other small projects. It would be interesting to hear from others involved in that phase of our hobby. It's a little different world! Lare
LareS wrote:

I used to do a lot of this when building radio control aircraft, and before that model railroads. In time I learned that full size power tools, with minor modifications or tuning differences, were usually better than "modelers" tools. For instance, a shop made zero clearance throat plate can turn almost any woodworking tool into a modeler's joy.
Hand tools are a whole 'nuther story! <G>
Barry
B a r r y wrote:

Ayup. All us wooddorker types gots big tools. Oh dang. Sorry about that. Couldn't resist. I need to get out more now that the sun is shining. Twitch.     j4
LareS wrote:

Dremel is probably the most popular.
Eugene wrote:

I have a Dremel table saw, it has a 4" blade and throws wood every where, has none of the safety features of the regular sized TS. I think they discontinued it and don't know if it was because of safety or lack of interest.
Josie
Check out micromark.com and look at the line of MicroLux miniature tools. I use several of their products. The table saw is beautiful, extremely well made and excellent quality. Also look at Sherline, I use their tools too, very good stuff.
All of the above are pricey, but what the hell, __ so are SUV's, and it seems everybody has one!
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:33:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

I have one of the Microlux scroll saws fitted with a jeweller's saw blade. I use it for cutting thin sheet stock, including sterling silver. Very accurate.
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Haven't checked, it was frightening to use - at least for me it was with stuff flying off all over. Maybe something's wrong with this one or the operator? I'll chec e-bay, see if they added any safety features mine doesn't have.
Thanks,
Josie