Small sliding table saws

I was going to buy a small combination machine, but can't find anything that will fit my shop and really be servicable. However I did get attached to the idea of a sliding table saw.

All the European imports are way too big; are there any small sliding table saw other than the Dewalt? I would like to go a bit more upscale than that. What I would really like is the table saw/shaper that comes with the Minimax C26, but they only sell it with the planer/jointer, and the p/j is too small to be of much use. (10" wide planer, 40" long jointer!)

Reply to
Toller

Try Home Depot. They have a 3hp sliding table saw for less than $200. Fence a POS. Mine goes thru 3" ash and 1/2" aluminum with no problems. It is direct drive and fairly noisy. Mine is mounted to the right of my Delta and uses the same fence.

Reply to
Art Ransom

Toller,

Woodcraft and Timber Woodworking both have a "add-on" sliding table that fits most table saws. I don't recall what brand it was but it looked substantial enough. It was in the $600 - $700 range.

cm

Reply to
cm

Reply to