Small Plunge Router?

I'm looking for a small plunge router. All I can find are 1 3/4 HP or bigger. Are there any small size routers made?
Any help will be very much appreciated.
-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net
"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)
Remove "no" to reply
how small do you want? if you need something smaller than 1.5 HP or so, try a laminate trimmer which is basically a small router.
Mike
I use the Trend T3 for small handheld work - dovetails etc. It's a lightweight 550W machine - the body is detachable from the base, giving rise to other applications.
http://www.trendmachinery.co.uk/routermenu /
Cheers,
Frank

Bill Rittner wrote:

How small do you want? You can get plunge bases for the Rotozip and the Dremel among others.

--
--John
Think Dremel - the heavy duty one. They make a plunge base attachment which comes with the kit now.

Don't know anything about it, but you might check http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2004/166.cfm? Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
I have the Dewalt 615. They no longer make it, but it sounds like what you are looking for. 1Hp, nice smooth plunge action, relatively light. It only has a 1/4" collet, but that sort of goes with this power range. You might look for a used one. Bob Wilson

I can let you have a brand new 1-1/4HP 1/4" collet Makita 3620 kit incl case, wrenches & a straight guide for only $115 US no tax + Shipping (approx. $12US) we have only one left from a lot of 10 purchased to sell last Christmas...on a first come first served basis. (NORMALLY $135 + Tax + Shipping)
--
Jon Down

Bill,     I really like my Bosch laminate trimmer for lighter work, but it dosen't plunge.
Share it with us if you find a small, light plunge model.
Barry
I have one also and while it doesn't plunge I do use it a lot. works great for hinge mortising. I wish it was soft start but you can't have it all.
BRuce
B a r r y wrote:

--
---

BRuce

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:27:55 GMT, B a r r y

one of the ideas I have had on the back burner is to make a plunge base for my Porter Cable laminate trimmer. it's waiting for my machine shop skills and equipment to catch up with my imagination....
Have you looked into some of the small "roto-saws" or spiral saws? Some of them have plunge bases and they are quite a bit smaller than traditional routers. Something like the Roto-zip, Dremel, Ryobi, etc. I think Sears Craftsman has one too.
Wayne

If you really want small there is an attachment for Dremel that will make it a 'plunge router'.
Makita still makes the model 3621...a 1 1/4 HP plunge router. I've had this router for about 10 years and is my router of choice for small jobs. You can see it here....
http://www.mytoolstore.com/makita/mak03-03.html
No store preference...just a link.

http://www.bishopcochran.com/reviews.htm
Preston