Small Plunge Router?

I'm looking for a small plunge router. All I can find are 1 3/4 HP or bigger. Are there any small size routers made?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES Manchester, CT

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Remove "no" to reply

Reply to
Bill Rittner

how small do you want? if you need something smaller than 1.5 HP or so, try a laminate trimmer which is basically a small router.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I use the Trend T3 for small handheld work - dovetails etc. It's a lightweight 550W machine - the body is detachable from the base, giving rise to other applications.

Reply to
Frank McVey

How small do you want? You can get plunge bases for the Rotozip and the Dremel among others.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Think Dremel - the heavy duty one. They make a plunge base attachment which comes with the kit now.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob

Don't know anything about it, but you might check

Waller New Eagle, PA

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Bill Waller

Reply to
Robert L. Wilson
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

I can let you have a brand new 1-1/4HP 1/4" collet Makita 3620 kit incl case, wrenches & a straight guide for only $115 US no tax + Shipping (approx. $12US) we have only one left from a lot of 10 purchased to sell last Christmas...on a first come first served basis. (NORMALLY $135 + Tax + Shipping)

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

Bill, I really like my Bosch laminate trimmer for lighter work, but it dosen't plunge.

Share it with us if you find a small, light plunge model.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I have one also and while it doesn't plunge I do use it a lot. works great for hinge mortising. I wish it was soft start but you can't have it all.

BRuce

B a r r y wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

one of the ideas I have had on the back burner is to make a plunge base for my Porter Cable laminate trimmer. it's waiting for my machine shop skills and equipment to catch up with my imagination....

Reply to
bridger

Makita still makes the model 3621...a 1 1/4 HP plunge router. I've had this router for about 10 years and is my router of choice for small jobs. You can see it here....

store preference...just a link.

Reply to
skimhoff

Have you looked into some of the small "roto-saws" or spiral saws? Some of them have plunge bases and they are quite a bit smaller than traditional routers. Something like the Roto-zip, Dremel, Ryobi, etc. I think Sears Craftsman has one too.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Reply to
Preston Andreas

If you really want small there is an attachment for Dremel that will make it a 'plunge router'.

Reply to
Victor Frost