Small-headed screws?

I was recently pressed into service to hang up some curtain rods. The hardware came with some funny screws that I've never seen before. They looked pretty much like normal #6 pan-head wood (sheet metal?) screws except that the diameter of the head was significantly smaller than on a normal #6 pan-head.
This seems like a trivial point except that I needed to get longer screws and the way the stupid thing was designed, a normal head was too big to fit where it had to fit. After much time wasted searching the fastener isle at the borg, head scratching (and not a small amount of colorful language), I ended up taking some stock screws and grinding the heads down to fit.
So, my question is, is there a standard name for this "smaller diameter than a normal pan-head" screw?
Roy Smith wrote:

Finishing screw. Most of the ones that I use are square drive.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
On 18 Jan 2005 16:36:41 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Roy Smith) wrote:

I believe that trim head screws, at least the ones that I have are countersink and flat headed. His screw was a pan head screw.

Yup. I've seen them. They are not trimhead screws. I think they are called curtain rod screws...
-j

One could use Kreg style pocket screws, if the lengths were close.
Roy Smith wrote:

It's called a froo froo screw 'cuzin they're only used to attach froo froo for wimminz. Also known as a SWMBO screw.
(No, really, I have no clue. I sure hate putting that crap up though. "Oh, oh, let's go buy some new WINDOW TREATMENTS!" "Um. Are you going to pay for the window treatments THIS time?" "Oh, sure, wink wink, wiggle wiggle, I'll make it worth your while." Hours pass. She flirts with me the whole time I'm putting up her damn curtains. Then the moment of truth arrives, and "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz." Sigh.)

Take the curtains down while she sleeps. Let us know how it turns out.
--
"De inimico non loquaris sed cogites."

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:20:58 -0500, Silvan

I believe the correct terminology is "phoo phoo"

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
What a bunch of stupid answers by stupid would-be comedians. The fellow needs some help with fasteners and called on this group of knowledrable folks to do just that, ___ So Help Him!! Shame on you!

Where's your answer to him, then?
LareS wrote:

He already got real answers. Get over yourself.
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:12:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (LareS) wrote:

damn, dude... who shit in your cereal bowl this morning??
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

"Oh,
wiggle,