small gloat

Went to an estate sale the other day and saw a Starrett combination square. The same one we're selling a Woodcraft for about $75. I told the seller "That's a really nice square - what do you want for it?" When he said "A dollar" my wallet came out so fast it almost caught fire :-).
It is, like most old squares, missing the scribe, but there's no rust and it tested at absolutely square.
Between it and my old Goodell-Pratt, I've got a lifetime supply of combination squares :-).

a dollar huh, you suckith big time.

You should be ashamed of yourself, taking advantage of that poor, ignorant person. To alleviate your deep guilt pains, send me the square immediately and I will say a prayer for you. <smirk>
Good catch there. Wouldn't it be nice if we could equip our entire shop at those kind of prices?
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

Nice one ...An honest to goodness, old fashioned, few and far between, fair dinkum, you sucketh!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08
Larry Blanchard wrote:

The best I did at an estate clearance last weekend was a free mini filing cabinet on wheels and some giveaway books, by the time we happened to drive by they just wanted to get rid of whatever was left. I guess I have to get up earlier in the morning to spot the deals on tools.
On Thu, 29 May 2008 08:56:20 -0700, Larry Blanchard

Now that's not a bad deal, but you would've got extra credit if you'd talked him down a quarter on account of it missing the scribe and all...
I've got a scribe that'll fit you can have for $74.75 :-)
Paul F.
I would have offered .75

On Fri, 30 May 2008 02:09:52 +0000, mcgyver wrote:

I felt guilty as it was - but I did tell the seller it was a good square :-).