Small Biscuit Blade

I was looking through some woodworking catalogs and saw a replacement blade for the DeWalt biscuit jointer that allowed you to cut small (face frame size) slots for biscuits. For the life of me I can't find it now. Has anyone seen this blade or know where I can find one? Yep, already Googled and all I can find is blades for the PC biscuit jointer. Thanks. Tony
Tony Weikert said:

Highland Hardware
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/product.asp?080&181&3329
Greg G.
Thanks! There for a while I thought I was loosing my mind! Tony <Greg G.> wrote in message

blade
Googled
Tony Weikert said:

No Problem - although $50 bucks would make me lose my mind... <g>
Greg G.
Yeah, I'm going to have to give this a lot of thought. Has anyone had any experience using this on a DeWalt biscuit jointer?
<Greg G.> wrote in message

Tony Weikert asks:

Nope, but I do have a question. On the P-C, there's a setting for FF. How do you set for FF on the DeWalt? #20, #10, #0 and then what?
Is the blade designed to work with the smallest setting, so it doesn't need the FF setting?
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
On 05 Jan 2004 11:27:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

I haven't used the DeWalt with a smaller blade, only the stock blade.
The tool has (4) settings 0, 10, 20, and "M". I'll measure mine, bit I bet "M" means "Max".
Barry
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Hi Charlie. That's the big question that never seems to get a followup answer. I don't believe I've ever read a response by anyone who's actually used the small blade in the DeWalt. Many ask, but no one's taken the leap.
Owen Lowe responds:

Well, I once tried to fit the P-C small blade to both a DeWalt and a Makita. No go, though several years later later, I don't recall the reason.
Someone mentioned the M setting: I believe that's for the over-sized biscuits available from Makita (probably elsewhere, by now). Takes 2 cuts to use them, though, IIRC. Seemed like to me at the time that it was just as simple to place 2 standard large biscuits about 1" apart and go from there.
Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html

I have not taken the leap either, but looked at this link:
http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/product.asp?080&181&3329
It says that you need .25" more depth than #20 and the Max setting seems to give only 1/8". So has anyone taken the leap and does it work, since $50 is not a small leap just to try it.
Jerry

I had the same delima with my Makita biscuit joiner. I was regretting buying it until I found out about the Ryobi mini biscuit cutter at Sears. It's not DeWalt or Makita quality, but it's small, lightweight and cuts 3 biscuit sizes that are perfect for face frames, picture frame, etc (though it doesn't cut P.C. FF sizes biscuits). I probably use it more than my Makita now. It's only $60. Now I'm glad that I didn't spend the extra $50 to get the P.C. joiner. Matt

I use my Ryobi mini at least as much as my regular Biscuit Joiner. The best part is you don't have to screw around changing blades every time you want to switch from mini to regular or vice versa.
Dave Hall