Small Biscuit Blade

I was looking through some woodworking catalogs and saw a replacement blade for the DeWalt biscuit jointer that allowed you to cut small (face frame size) slots for biscuits. For the life of me I can't find it now. Has anyone seen this blade or know where I can find one? Yep, already Googled and all I can find is blades for the PC biscuit jointer. Thanks. Tony

Reply to
Tony Weikert

Highland Hardware

G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Reply to
Tony Weikert

No Problem - although $50 bucks would make me lose my mind...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Reply to
Tony Weikert

Tony Weikert asks:

Nope, but I do have a question. On the P-C, there's a setting for FF. How do you set for FF on the DeWalt? #20, #10, #0 and then what?

Is the blade designed to work with the smallest setting, so it doesn't need the FF setting?

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

I haven't used the DeWalt with a smaller blade, only the stock blade.

The tool has (4) settings 0, 10, 20, and "M". I'll measure mine, bit I bet "M" means "Max".

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Hi Charlie. That's the big question that never seems to get a followup answer. I don't believe I've ever read a response by anyone who's actually used the small blade in the DeWalt. Many ask, but no one's taken the leap.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Owen Lowe responds:

Well, I once tried to fit the P-C small blade to both a DeWalt and a Makita. No go, though several years later later, I don't recall the reason.

Someone mentioned the M setting: I believe that's for the over-sized biscuits available from Makita (probably elsewhere, by now). Takes 2 cuts to use them, though, IIRC. Seemed like to me at the time that it was just as simple to place

2 standard large biscuits about 1" apart and go from there.

Charlie Self "Brevity is the soul of lingerie." Dorothy Parker

Charlie Self

"Tony Weikert" wrote in news:btb8g6$ljr$ snipped-for-privacy@newsflood.tokyo.att.ne.jp:

I had the same delima with my Makita biscuit joiner. I was regretting buying it until I found out about the Ryobi mini biscuit cutter at Sears. It's not DeWalt or Makita quality, but it's small, lightweight and cuts 3 biscuit sizes that are perfect for face frames, picture frame, etc (though it doesn't cut P.C. FF sizes biscuits). I probably use it more than my Makita now. It's only $60. Now I'm glad that I didn't spend the extra $50 to get the P.C. joiner. Matt

Reply to
MattH

Fly-by-Night CC wrote in :

I have not taken the leap either, but looked at this link:

says that you need .25" more depth than #20 and the Max setting seems to give only 1/8". So has anyone taken the leap and does it work, since $50 is not a small leap just to try it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry McCaffrey

I use my Ryobi mini at least as much as my regular Biscuit Joiner. The best part is you don't have to screw around changing blades every time you want to switch from mini to regular or vice versa.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall