slow refund from Garrett Wade

I had ordered on 12/8/2005 an "odd job brass bound wood rule" from Garrett Wade. Upon arrival, I found this to be a poorly made instrument and returned it for credit using the enclosed instructions and delivered it to the local UPS office, again, as per instructions. The refund has now (3/23/2005) appeared on my credit card, more than 3 months after returning the item.

I am thanking Garrett Wade by email as follows:

I have finally received the refund for the item. Thank you. My faith in Garrett Wade has been restored somewhat. Please note, I was severely disappointed by the quality of the "odd job brass bound wood rule", and the slow refund does reflect adversely on my desire to purchase from Garrett Wade.

Reply to
Han

garrett wade was once a retailer of quality (if overpriced) stuff. now they are just a retailer of overpriced stuff.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

by law IANAL, if you buy something with a CC today and return it today they have 30days to refund your money to the card...Some irreputable companies take advantage of this. 3 months is another story.

Reply to
dnoyeB

Any company that doesn't credit my credit card immediately or within a few days at least is unlikely to get more business from me.

It took about two months and an extra phone call to get the remainder of my refund from Dell. They won't be on top of my list for my next PC.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert