Slo-Mo Looting

Page 2 of 11
Believe me, I have no problem embarrasing people in public, ask my neices and nephews lol
Clif

Clif wrote:

No, you have to suffer the public embarrassment and humiliation. Think down the road when your found innocent. Get it?

When I was living at the YMCA for a couple of weeks in 1994 there was a graffitti on the elevator door, "RODNEY KING ME!"
And all along I thought that was a chess move????
BUB 209 wrote:

people
doubt,
especially
I suspect if the person being caught is a thief or not, he has a case if he is badly injured. There are way too many liberal laws that go too far to protect the guilty.
Leon writes:

Oh, come on. Liberal laws. If some asshole comes diving on a person from a store doorway, and causes harm, then where is the political stance of the person who gets to sue? There are other ways of stopping a thief, assuming the person really is a thief, that do no include harming him physically.
But, hey, we have to remember. He stole property. Or MAYBE he stole property. That's much more important than any injury that might be suffered.
Pfui.

the
property.
IMHO, if you steal, you deserve what happens to you. The simple solution is to simply not steal. If you are injured and are found innocent, then you have a legitimate reason to file against the store or security. Its the lax laws that do not discourage crime.
Leon writes:

And who appointed a minimum wage clerk judge, jury and executioner?
If I were attacked by someone like that, I'd feel thoroughly justified in trying to recall what I learned at Parris Island and later, and applying it.
Even the cops are not allowed to assault suspected criminals, as some find out to their surprise from time to time.

It could be a policeman doing the chasing and tackeling and with the liberal laws he could be in trouble even if he told the suspect to stop.

it.
If you were inocent, you would have every right to take action against the person chasing you. If you were seen taking something and not paying, "stealing", don't piss on my shoe and tell me it is raining.

out
Which IMHO is part of the problem. Ir law breakers had the fear of being punished, they may not break so many laws. If some one is seen stealing, he is not a suspect in the eyes of most people, he is truely guilty of stealing. But, unfortunately, the liberal laws protect the criminal. Again, don't let the criminal piss on your shoe and tell you is raining.
Leon writes:

Oh, bullshit. What you are recommending is basically vigilante justice, with the cops doing all the deciding of who is and isn't guilty.
Given, our legal system is in need of repair. Given, too many people get away with too much. Given, something has to be done. Not given: cops with the right to do as the damned well please on any or no evidence at all.
If we could be absolutely sure ever cop, especially rent-a-cops though, had perfect judgment, then quite possibly allowing them to manhandle prisoners, or about-to-be prisoners, might be justified. Unfortunately, no one has perfect judgment, and double unfortunately, the Consitution gives us particular rights around arrest and incarceration.
Law breakers should have the fear of the law drummed into them. But I don't want clerks in stores decided that I shoved something in my pocket because they didn't see me put it back on the shelf. Or, rather, I don't want them following me out of the store and jumping on me, or anyone else, over such things. I'm too old and fat to retaliate as I once might have, but I could sure as hell remove some teeth and part of an ear, maybe all of it, before going down.
And then call the lawyers.

with
No, simply that the suspect stop running when a police officer is chasing him. If the officer breaks a law then he will have to deal with that problem. But If you run from a policeman and he tells you to stop and you don't, you are just asking for problems as well you should be.
> Given, our legal system is in need of repair. Given, too many people get away

right
You are blowing this out of proportion. I beleive the original idea was someond being hurt when stealing. Cops do have the legal right to order anyone to stop and to stop that person.

had
prisoners, or

perfect
rights
It is not a perfect world and never will be as long as we allow criminals to rule our lives and get away with breaking the law. Still I believe that a policeman should work within the law but a policeman is only human and if you piss him off you should expect the consequenses. When people stop respecting the policemans athority they should not expect to be treated like royalty.

But the liberal laws protect them. It has to be up to the police officers to put this fear into the criminals. Jail time obviousely does not work. The only thing most criminals fear is being beaten up.

they
following
Criminals do not want this to happen either. I seriousely doubt that you will be jumped if you simply cooperate and show them that you don't have something that you have not paid for.

hell
And if you had actually stolen something while being treated this way, the liberal laws have failed again. When did the the citizens loose the right to protect their property?
I am gonna show my age, and perversness, A long time ago I saw on the back of a mag, believe it was , well nevermind what it was lol, but a cop covered in soot carrying out a child from a fire, with the caption "And you still call him a pig"
There are some people out there who will only respect a policeman/fireman/paramedic only when they are helping them. And if they are not helping them, they dont care
Clif

get
like
because
as
down.

covered
EXACTLY... Next thing you know our soldiers will loose our respect... Ah.. seems like this happened to our admiral soldiers during the Viet Nam war.
What do you mean next thing you know? I had the fine pleasure of working with our soldiers for 3 years at fort bragg. I was disgusted by the amount of disrespect they face everyday. And whats worse is I saw it go on at a military installation. Granted there was usually a fight within a few minutes lol, but I cant believe I saw it at all.
Thank you to all that have served to protect me, I wish I had, but I didnt, so I did the next best thing. I helped train our soldiers as a civilian contractor
GOD BLESS THE USA
Clif

back
still
they

amount
didnt,
Good for you Clif. All I was able to contribute was and is my undying admiration and gratitude for all of them.
Leon responds:

Fine. Next time you run into a vet, buy him or her a drink. Has nothing at all to do with what you were arguing about.
You're going off the deep end about cops and military and ignoring the fact that the OP was writing about clerks in a frigging WalMart store!

all
I to that pretty often anyway as many of my relatives have served.

fact
No, I am not getting excited or deep, I believe that a person has the right to defend his property and do what ever is necessary within the law to stop a thief. If that means a rent a cop going after a thief, that is what I am paying him for. I was originally pointing out that is too bad that liberal laws give a thief way too much protection and not enough protection to those that he is robbing.

There's nothing new in the disrespectful attitude of civilians for military personnel. Nor is it limited to the US of A. Read the poem, "Tommy" by Rudyard Kipling.
If you don't have a book of Kipling's works, DAGS for "Tommy" "Rudyard Kipling"
or go to:
http://www.web-books.com/Classics/Poetry/Anthology/Kipling/Tommy.htm
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
I have read it, I know theres nothing new, but its still disgusting. The only time that they are appreciated is on certain holidays, and even then, its used as another day to shop
I for one amd thankful to every soldier

military
Rudyard
Kipling"
Clif responds (though God knows to what):

WTF does this have to do with a clerk jumping someone?

Again, nothing whatsoever to do with the subject at hand. Cops/firemen/EMS deserve respect when they do their jobs well. When they don't, they deserve no respect.