Slightly OT: Zinsser 1-2-3 primer

I am getting ready to do some painting in the house. I was in the HD last night and saw the Zinsser 1-2-3 primer, regularly $17/gal for $4/gal. The quarts and 5 gal sizes were not on sale, so it doesn't appear to be discontinued.
Am I missing something?
Dave - Parkville, MD

Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

If there is no expiration date. I'd buy it, ask they guy is there is a problem can I bring it back. Take it home test on a few boards.
Randy htp://nokeswoodworks.com
randyswoodshoop wrote:

No expiration date that I see. I thought the same thing. We'll just have to see how it goes and test a bit.
Thanks for the replys.

The date is usually inked on the bottom of the can.
--
FF

Sometimes new packaging or product labels make the older design hard to move off the shelves. Perhaps a packaging change is in the works.

One thing to consider is that the big box stores are posting record low months in the past year. They are so slow around here that they are nearly giving away some items just to get people in the door. Last year small independents showed increases in business while big boxes consistantly showed overal drop in business. Of course this varies wildly from one region to another. I for one would love nothing more than to see them get their just desserts and hit the wall, and hard.
Of course its all grasping at straws but I would doubt there is anything wrong with the primer.
Mark

The primer you mention was $17.98 per gallon at my closest Home Depot.