Slightly OT : Not sure where to find this

I'm almost done building a baby cradle. Looks great !

It swings well but I thought it could be interesting to add a small motor to swing it. I've googled around but all I can find is already mounted on something.

Anybody heard about a retrofit manual crank or battery powered motor for cradles ?

tia

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

I would try a yard sale and look for one of those motorized swings that use batteries. You could probably get the motor to mount on your cradle.

Reply to
Ray

If you're willing to use a manual crank, you can rock it by hand for free.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

:)

"Buddy Matlosz" a écrit dans le message de news: %qyNd.2081$ snipped-for-privacy@fe09.lga...

Reply to
Junkyard Engineer

I think motorizing it might be harder than you think. You want to keep the natural swinging pendulum motion. How will you attach the motor to do that?

I've never seen a motorized cradle before, perhaps there's a good reason why.

If you really do want to motorize it, you can usually find gear motors on ebay reasonably priced, or else perhaps use a barbecue rotiserie motor.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

Back when we were at that stage we had a clip on vibrator. (and no not that kind) The gentle vibrations acted like a car and would knock them right out, and would slowly turn itself off after about 15 mins. Worked like a charm. No modifications to your new cradle. I think it was about $15 at Baby Superstore or place like that. HM

Reply to
Herman Munster

Seems to me an automatic shut off would be important!

Josie

Reply to
firstjois