<snip>

Congratulations!!
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Sterling Attitude!

DB:
I share the joy in a tool that sings your satisfaction.
On the other heading, if you can document a pattern of comparable dismissals based on criteria other than performance factors, your view of prospects might sharpen if you saw , yes, a lawyer. Should records and testimony from workmates be forthcoming in support of your case, determinants to further action shift to whether your erstwhile firm has sufficient assets to pursue , whether you have the stomach for what may be a protracted ordeal and whether you can find an able lawyer willing to consider your case on terms satisfactory to you.
We all understand that a business undergoing economic distress has a right to consider the salaries on its balance sheet in retaining employees. But if it demonstrably cuts only those employees in certain pay ranges based on other distinctions...they better be legally permissible ones.
By way of example, I called up the page below searching under "wrongful termination" and "Los Angeles, California":
http://www.martindale.com/Results.aspx?ft=1&frm=freesearch&afs=%22los%20angeles%2C%20california%22%20%22wrongful%20termination%22
In your place, I would place emphasis on a a peer-review rating of AV, (where A is for utmost technical ability and V for ethical conduct) along with looking for cluster of practice specializations complementary to wrongful termination. Martindale (or Martindale-Hubbell) is--and has long been--the reliable rating touchstone for attorneys. Featured placement in their searches can be bought; the peer ratings are another and more important thing. This is a reference that has proven value by my experience.
Should you decide to contact selected lawyers, I highly suggest you make a logical and chronological written outline of your case as a calling card to invite interest. Carefully craft a presentation indexing evidence on hand or discoverable, review the results then give the smartest people you know unbridled rein to critically comment during revisions and you will serve yourself and your pocketbook well.
Now, back to the woodshop: if you like unusual tools for tight-clearance and miniature work, check out www.micromark.com for a novel thing or two. My elves use this stuff all the time.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

Employment legislation here in Saskatchewan allows them to do exactly what they did. In fact, they could have given me a month's pay and and told me to f*ck off.
The severance package they offered was reasonable, however, and fairly easy to accept.

You cauld have been in the US where they just say "bye".
On 02/19/2011 12:29 PM, CW wrote:

with a (small) retiree pension, (good but expensive) medical and 3 weeks for every year severance for 73 weeks pay. I went with no complaints.
They are now about 1/4 the size they were and are busily divesting themselves into oblivion.

You bastard. There goes the severance pay...

I had exactly the same thought. Lot's of neat stuff that you can't find anywhere else. One can never own too many tools...
Larry

Damned straight. I want to win!

visit
http://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com /
And you'll need a new job ...

I wonder if they offer a 4" sawstop model...

with grantee top?
--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?

As long as it passes the nickel test.

Shouldn't it pass the mini-nickel test?
http://www.houseofchuckles.com/money-fun.htm
On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:03:44 -0800, "Lobby Dosser"

Cool. Miniature saws at Festering prices!
-- The more passions and desires one has, the more ways one has of being happy. -- Charlotte-Catherine

Gets good reviews.

--
Ever wonder why doctors, dentists and lawyers have to Practice so much? Ever
wonder why you let them Practice on You?

Congrats on the plane, sorry about the job loss, but it could be the best thing.
I was let go after just over 20 years with the same company, as part of a major downsizing. I got full severance and more according to Canadian standards etc. Company went belly up, almost a year to the day I left, anybody still there got zilch, zip and nada.
--
Froz...

I don't see that happening in the short term, but I do think they are making some very flawed business decisions today that are going to bite them hard in a few years.
The print publishing industry is undergoing a major sea change, and unfortunately most publishers haven't figured out that entirely new business models are required. Instead, they are simply moving the old models (sell space to eyeballs) into new and exciting technologies.
This was/is a good time for me to get out and move on.
On 2/19/11 10:15 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

I was in the printing business too, trade-only business forms, cheques, invoices etc. Major shakeup in that part of the industry as well.
--
Froz...