Slightly OT: How To Drive A Frontloader

http://i.imgur.com/eFSh7.gif

That manuver demonstrates real originality. JoeG
GROVER wrote:
> ... > That manuver demonstrates real originality. ...
Pretty much routine for a practiced operator...have seen a number of variations and quite a few been linked to on u-tube, etc., over the years...
I'd guess there are clips in the hundreds if not thousands by now if one were to really look. But, still just unusual enough to be entertaining.
Be a heck of a time to burst a hydraulic hose or have a cylinder seal go, wouldn't it???? :)

On 6/17/2011 11:11 AM, dpb wrote:

When causing a house to be demolished in preparation for building anew, I always make sure I'm there for the front-end loader taking itself off the transport/trailer. Seen a lot of original maneuvers, and it's always entertaining. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:14:59 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Southern railway runs by my place of work and they stage a lot of the railroad work from there. They will take a regular JD backhoe and self drag it up into a gondola car full of railroad ties. My ass draws up everytime I see it.
basilisk
On 6/17/2011 9:07 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Close to where I used to live a John Deer Tractor with a back hoe equipped with out riggers for stability would climb up on rail cars to empty their load of dirt and gravel.

Like this? http://goo.gl/P6VdW
-- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. -- Mahatma Gandhi
On 6/17/2011 4:46 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Just like that.

I saw a video once of a backhoe getting itself from a dock onto a barge, somewhere in the Caribbean. Al pretty rickety equipment. It was a blast to watch...and I'll be damned if I can find that again????

Saw that one. Almost sunk the barge but they got it on.
RonB
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 14:20:46 -0500, Leon wrote:

Dang, I didn't see your post before I made mine, fascinating to watch.
basilisk
On 6/17/2011 9:07 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

pretty cool. but it's a backhoe. specifically, a "track hoe"
--
Steve Barker

I saw one the other day where a guy put a full sized backhoe/Tractor with a front scoop in a dump truck. took a little longer but he got it in smoothly.
RonB