Slightly OT - Dripless Caulk Gun

While we were starting our new home my wife "splurged" on a new dripless caulk gun. I almost croaked when she told me it cost $18 but my old one was so caked up I just said OK!. As it turns out, after tons of used during the past few months, 18 bucks was a good investment. You never have a string of caulk hanging out of the tube. In fact, thinner material like latex actually sucks back in a little when you release the trigger. I also believe you get more distribution from a single trigger pull. In time this thing might pay for itself in saved caulk, let alone more simple application.
RonB
Add pictures here
βœ–

As a countertop guy, I use this one the 51000XT. Bought one 30 years ago. Still going strong.
http://cox-applicators.com/index.php/our-products/?category=1
Add pictures here
βœ–

The key point being that it only takes a few months to admit the wife was right about something tool related.
-Kevin
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Apr 24, 5:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM wrote:

No problem. She told me she was right!
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well I hate to burst your bubble but HomeDepot has been selling their own "drippless" caulk gun for 10 or so years. When you ease up on the handle the caulk sucks back up in the tube. It is the CHEAP orange one. You can identify it by the spring and short rod sticking out of the back of the lever, it costs about $5.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:11:59 -0500, "Leon"

...yup! Got a bunch of 'em (kinda like those magnifiers all over the house and shop)...only time the caulk *doesn't* stop clean is when there's an air-bubble in the tube, but I'm not so sure that wouldn't be the case with an $18 dollar model, either...
cg
Add pictures here
βœ–