Slightly OT: Cedar ceiling

In the Spring I plan on finishing my porch ceiling with tongue & groove cedar. Would it be a good idea to get the wood now and let it "cure" in my basement so there's less shrinkage after it's up? The basement is humidity controlled.

Actually it would be best to keep it out on the porch.
But the cedar is probably sitting outside in a lumber yard anyway, so it probably won't make a boo of difference.
Rob
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"Leon" < snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net> wrote in message
Or you could put up some beadboard plywood and make a couple of nice chests from the cedar. Wilson

Yes, the cedar planks may be overkill for a porch ceiling. I think it would look beautiful, especially in the evening with some low level lighting reflecting off the finish. Regardless of what I put up there, I also have to decide if I should try to insulate in some way. I'm going to attach the wood to the roof rafters for a sloped ceiling. I know I need air circulation to preserve the roof but there's always a chance that I'll close in the porch someday and will want to heat it.

groove