Slightly off topic; My curiousity about this group and archery

Are there any archers here who have made their own bows? Anybody make their own arrows too? (Not metal or fiberglass now, I'm talking wood!)
Thanks in advance,
Marc

I have made my own arrows (years ago...Port Orford Cedar is the wood to use). If memory serves, I believe Herter's used to publish something on making your own bow (they sold archery equipment)...though they are long gone, their books are still relatively easy to find on eBay or through www.bookfinder.com. Look for stuff authored by George Herter, George Leonard Herter, and George L. Herter.
george wrote:

Cabelas has POC blanks.
(ObOT: Geo. Herter wrote the first fly tying book I owned as a kid.)
er
--
email not valid

I used to love getting their catalogs. Talk about a diverse set of products! Think Lee Valley for the hunting/outdoors.
On 3/10/2006 8:48 PM marc rosen mumbled something about the following:

http://www.student.utwente.nl/~sagi/faq/bowcnstr.shtml
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

Hi Marc!
I am an extreme amateur in woodworking, however archery has been one of my first construction attempts. As a family, we like to shoot traditional archery (recurve and longbow). For construction supplies, you might want to check 3 Rivers Archery (www.3riversarchery.com) for bow blanks as well as shafts, flights, jigs, etc for arrows. If you don't already have books on the subject, you may wish to check out Traditional Bowyers Bible by J. Hamm. This is a 3 volume set, so you may want to take a look at them in person to see if perhaps one of the books will explain the particular area you have interest. Good luck with your projects!
-sam

Try this site: http://www.primitivearcher.com /
Regards, Roy