Slightly off topic.

I've constantly aquired the medical term(floaters) these floaters have been with me over a couple of years but on a less frequent occurence,however they have become more frequent and are depressing me as I cant seem to focus on any increment adjustments on certain tools and measurement apparatus.
What I would like to know is... any you chaps out there had this symptom with your eyes and had the laser treatment done for this and if so hows it been for you and did it clear up your vision to a better standard before the op?
All the best and thanks.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

I had floaters forever it seems. In fact, most people have them to a greater or lesser degree. My doctor said that the treatments should only be done for extreme cases. However, they went away after catarract surgery.
Jim
Jim wrote:

So 5 maybe 6 months after this surgey what was your vision like compared to before?
Any deteriation apart from the normal age process of sight?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

My vision is incredibly better. I could, if I chose, drive without glasses; before, I could not.
I was quite frankly surprised at how much the cataracts adversely affected my eyesight. It took a few days to recover from the greatly increased brightness.
A side benefit results from the the implants because they now correct my vision for the nearsighted condition. Formerly, my eyes required a -11 diopter lens, but the implants correct include a -10 diopter correction which leaves only -1 for the glasses. The new glasses are much much lighter (and cheaper as well, it isn't easy to make -11 lenses). Jim

Can't say about the floaters, I just live with mine...
As to the cataract surgery, My mother had both eyes done, one when she was in her early 80's and the other when she was 90, not exactly "quick heal/recovery" age..
The first one had her reading the newspaper the NEXT day and the second one had her being able to read addresses on the houses across the street! I couldn't read the damn things with my glasses on..
Mac
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Yes I've had them. I had cataracts and had floaters after the surgury. Laser treatment got rid of them.....took 5 minutes in a backroom...and the only reason I didn't drive home was the fact the put in those drops to dialate your pupil.
Hope this helps .
al

I have had them since I was a young kid, early 60's. Eye strain makes them worse. Perhaps a new prescription would help.
My sister had these as a side complication from diabetes. What happens is you sit down and rest your head in a clamp thing and the doc peers into your eyeball with his scope. Once he finds the spot he takes aim and, zap the little capillary that was oozing blood into your eye is nailed shut.
No pain, no problem.
--

Roger Shoaf

########################
For some info on floaters, go here:
http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?fQ8&t 06.759
Smitty
############################################################## Roger Shoaf wrote:

How about a do-it-yourself kit?
http://www.lasikathome.com /

DAMN! I'm really hoping that site is for humor, but I tried the "order" page and it really has one...
Mac

And for just a hunnert dollars, you can be an eye sugeon! For an additional $30 they will throw in a gen-u-wine doctor's diploma!
And the best part, you get to operate on yourself!!
This sounds so bad and swarmy.
It is either a complete fraud or it is outright dangerous.. Shouldn't somebody notify the authorities?

You can't actually check out though...

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/lasikathome.asp

Good job on research... thanks, I feel a bit better now... the idea of folks actually buying that thing scared the hell out of me! Mac