Slightly O.T.- Food safe adhesive

This is a slightly off topic post about food safe glues. My wife's favorite coffemaker( it's a B&D) has a small hairline leak in the water resevoir.What's a safe glue (epoxy?) to use on the exterior of it? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
R Miller

Epoxy should be safe enough after it cures but for it to do any good, it needs to get into the crack or you need to bond a patch to the outside. It's that time of the year and for all the sales going on, you could probably pick her up a brand new one and save yourself the grief...

Reply to
Bob S.

Not a question of food safe, but one of practicality. They are not easily seal with adhesives. You'll find that it is easier in the long run to replace it. Honest.

Our under the counter light just burned out a bulb. I bought a new fixture. Why? Bulb cost $5.96. Fixture cost (with new bulb) $6.96. The clear lens on the old one was yellowed from a few years use and the new one is perfect. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

If the reservoir is plastic, you can probably use acetone to glue it. Acetone melts plastic. But, I think it is better to replace it. I have a no-frills Mr. Coffee I paid $15 and it makes great coffee every time, going on its 9th year of daily use.

Reply to
Phisherman

Both true and practical, but this is why we have so much trouble figuring out where to put all of our trash. It *shouldn't* be that way.

Reply to
Silvan