Slightly O.T.- Food safe adhesive

This is a slightly off topic post about food safe glues. My wife's favorite coffemaker( it's a B&D) has a small hairline leak in the water resevoir.What's a safe glue (epoxy?) to use on the exterior of it? Thanks in advance.
Epoxy should be safe enough after it cures but for it to do any good, it needs to get into the crack or you need to bond a patch to the outside. It's that time of the year and for all the sales going on, you could probably pick her up a brand new one and save yourself the grief...

in
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Both true and practical, but this is why we have so much trouble figuring out where to put all of our trash. It *shouldn't* be that way.

If the reservoir is plastic, you can probably use acetone to glue it. Acetone melts plastic. But, I think it is better to replace it. I have a no-frills Mr. Coffee I paid $15 and it makes great coffee every time, going on its 9th year of daily use.