sliding glass cabinet doors - repost

I posted this yesterday early afternoon and was surprised to get no replies so far, so I thought I'd post it again. I've been reading and posting replies here for some time and could really use some advice from the pros.
I have a commission to build a wall display cabinet and would like some advice on the tracks.
Cabinet is 36" high, 46" wide and 6" deep. Will have 2 - 1/4" glass bypass doors. Doors will be opened bi monthly or monthly.
Rockler sells this http://tinyurl.com/78cps which I could paint outside and wax inside to ease sliding. Grainger sells track with bearings, but it's $50, out of line for this project. Custom cut glass is gonna be expensive enough as it is. I also thought I could get some UHMW plastic and route a couple of grooves in it.
What do you all think? What's the best functionality for the lowest price?
Thanks.

a couple 1/4" dado'd slots in the bottom piece well waxed would work as well.
check out these guys.... great prices
http://www.exactfinishinc.com /

Sorry missed the cost issue. The glass doesn't appear to be overly heavy and the width is greater then the height so that should be ok. the issue would be that all of the surface of the bottom of the glass is across the bottom groove across the whole surface. a warped unpolished groove would cause binding and sticking.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in

http://www.mcmaster.com / page 2719
The June/July issue of Wood has a project w/2 35"x23" glass sliding doors. They used 1/8" saw kerfs top & bottom in the case and Lee Valley spring loaded guides (part # 00B10.26) @ 11.50 per set (2 sets needed). Guides are mortised into the back of the rails. Adjustment looks easy.