Slickest Stuff I Ever Used

I had run out of the paste wax I normally use on my TS.
I browsed several places in WalMart and ended up in automotive. I found a product by DuPont (Teflon Spray Wax) that contains Carnauba Wax and Teflon. I tried it and I've NEVER had a slicker surface. Boards, even 3/4" veneer sheets, slide like they're on greased ball bearings.
Some of you may have used this stuff, but it was new to me. I'd suggest giving it a try. If any do, please let us know how it works for you.
Tex

Are you sure it's silicone free?
Have you applied lacquer to the wood yet?
If both are yes answers, maybe it's good stuff to check out!
why is silicon bad?
Troy
B A R R Y wrote:

"Troy" wrote in message

When wood has been contaminated with silicon it can cause finishes to "fisheye" because of what it does to the surface tension of the finish.
Best to keep all silicone based products away from any woodworking environment.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/01/06

_SiliCONE_ causes fisheye in finishes. _Silicon_ helps you compute, calculate, drive, listen to music, etc.. and isn't bad. <G>
Silicone contamination is very difficult to deal with and ruins a lot of finishes. Lacquer is especially prone to it.
<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=silicone%20fisheye&hl=en&hs=gat&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&tab=wg
would this be appropriate to apply on the bed of the lathe? I was told by jet I was supposed to clean the bed before using it, but I didn't do that.
Troy
Tex wrote:

N O !!
You head stock, tail stock and tool rest need friction to lock....
I didn't clean either of my jet lathes when I got them.. maybe they packed yours in grease or something to prevent rust? If so, you want ALL the grease or whatever off..
I clean my lathe bed with steel wool and mineral spirits if the "patina" of finish and dust prevents smooth movement of the rest, otherwise, I leave it alone.. YMMV
Mac

Before you run any expensive wood over that table, make sure that your finishes won't be affected. Silicone can be a problem on finishes, and I'd assume that Teflon would be similarly problematic. http://tinyurl.com/ygpa66

While I would tend to agree, Laguna warned me about putting any lube or oil on the BS blade of my BS but they do recommend a Teflon based lube for the internal moving parts.
the dupont web page for car care products states the car wax (16 ox liquid) does contain silicone resins . Pat