Slick Plane

I picked up a slick plane at a woodworking store some time ago. It has a pair of round cutters that are used to knock the sharp edge off a board. It works great. I planed some 2x stock flat and square using my power planer, then used the slick plane to take the sharp edges off.
I figure by the time I was about halfway done I would have had the router out and bit installed, then would have had all the boards to do.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

An unfortunate choice of name, since in woodworking a "slick" is something else entirely. Pity they didn't just call it a roundover plane, since that's what it is.
John
On Fri, 8 May 2015 18:18:11 +0000 (UTC)

i thought it was either a name brand or an adjective
i have not heard a slick mentioned in woodworking context
like a strop or no

No, a slick is a big wide chisel with a long handle. They're used for shaping big timbers by shipwrights and such like folk.
John
On Fri, 8 May 2015 23:55:05 +0000 (UTC)

ok i think i have seen one of those
i just watched a good video (all in finnish) and a group of guys made a real nice cozy looking log cabin from the ground up
including measuring/selecting/downing/hauling the trees
they worked like a collective machine a lot of fun to watch