Slatted Door

I'm not sure if that's the right term or not. It's the type of door you'd see on a bifold type pantry or closet door.
I'm making a cabinet (per SWMBO specs) for the bathroom and the bottom will have towels etc. I thought it would be nice to make those doors out of the slatted style. She wants it white, so materials are nothing special.
Anyone ever made this type door ? How ?
jim
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 22:47:24 GMT, "Jim Bailey"

I wondered myself how this could be done until I saw Norm use a jig and a plunge router to cut the slanted slots.
Thanks. Would you happen to remember any more details about how he went about making the template ? Did he then use guide bushing to make the cuts ?
wrote:

will
the

It was the teak bar project. Here is a link to the plans and video that I believe also has the plans for the jig as well.
http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?9905

A recent Woodsmith issue had complete details for making louvered blinds. Norm made fixed louvers in an episode. I'm sure measured drawings are available on the NYW web site. :-)

The _lazy_ way is to make the sides of the louvered area in two parts (back and front) 'front' is a _thin_ piece, maybe even just shoe molding.
Then you just rip a bunch of angled through dado cuts on the 'back' piece. something like a box joint jig ensures even spacing. The only tricky part is getting the miter angle for the 2nd side set to an _exact_ match of that for the first side.