Slab of Wood for >$20,000 Anybody?

Page 1 of 2
http://talaricohardwoods.com/images/BastongeButt/1441.html

$20,00.25!
On 2/9/2012 11:07 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

what the hell kind of number is that?
--
Steve Barker
On 2/10/2012 10:33 AM, Steve Barker wrote:

Clearly it's a measure of currency. Probably the new, upgraded, cost of Festool's belt sander! : )
On 2/10/2012 10:25 AM, Bill wrote:

i hear that! but i'm not sure how to even pronounce that number.
--
Steve Barker

Twenty hundred dollars and twenty five cents, plus tip.
Sonny
On 2/10/2012 11:05 AM, Sonny wrote:

$200,0.25 ... <-pronouncing that will get you an even bigger tip.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in numbers...)

In honour of the rapper 50cents, a Halifax, Nova Scotia rapper has called himself "buck,six-fifty" ( I have NO idea how to put that in numbers...)
----------------------------- As the old saying goes - What's old is new again. My grandfather was fond of saying "a buck two ninety eight". Art
On 2/10/2012 4:07 PM, Artemus wrote:

It was always "a buck two eighty" around here...
I guess it depends on the neighborhood...
--
Jack
On 2/14/12 10:36 AM, Jack wrote:

Does that translate into $3.80? If so, I love that. :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 2/14/2012 11:57 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

I think it translated into "I have no f***ing idea how much it cost, and why are you asking me anyway".
--
Jack
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:39:19 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

I've always told folks that such and such would cost them
a buck three fifty two.
-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:49:33 -0800, Larry Jaques

A dollar three eighty eleven... (Say it out loud) And if referring to your own meager salary, add "And all the cardboard you can eat."
Wows 'em every time since at least the 70s.
--
William

Probably just a clandestine attempt to buy a slab for 1/10 the asking price.
On 2/10/2012 11:22 AM, Swingman wrote:

i'm starting to get it. This one would be
two hundred tens dollars and twenty five cents ((plus tip (i think))
--
Steve Barker
On 2/9/2012 11:14 PM, Dave wrote:

Measure twice, cut once indeed.

Cut hell - I'd be afraid to touch it!

I can see those numbers in the right application.
One of those would make a nice $ 75,000+ board room table. Well within reason.
On 2/10/12 11:13 AM, Robatoy wrote:

or one hell of a dart board. ;-)
--
Froz...