Skil toothed belt

Have just broken the toothed belt on my old Skil H100 handheld belt sander. Does anyone know of a source of spares for these older machines. Have had no luck websearching. I wonder if belts come in fairly standard lengths and tooth size. ? Am in UK but happy to pay postage from anywhere. Thanks. Bob.
Belts are usually all standard size. At least here in the US, a local bearing or power transmission shop can either sell you a new one or tell you you're out of luck.
GTO(John)

Robin Arkwright wrote:

Good luck! I asked a similar question some time back, and never have acquired a replacement for the belt.
I gather that you in the UK might have a much easier time finding one than I did. Most of the "Oh you just go down to the corner store and buy one" type posts were coming out of Europe. On this side of the pond, paying the tool manufacturer about 4X what I deemed the belt to be worth proved my only option, so I'm making do with a link belt until I can buy a new sander. A link belt just barely works in this (stationary) application, and probably would not work on a portable unit.

A while agoI had a similar problem on a Black and Decker hand held electric planer, I sourced a belt from Farnell in the UK http://uk.farnell.com /, at a cost of about 1 including VAT. Later I saw the same belt in fancy packaging labled with the B&D logo etc in A DIY superstore at 5! So, check the width, tooth style, pitch of the tooths and estimate the length by holding the broken bits together and see if Farnell can help. I found the paper catalog more usefull in this instance than the Website.
Good luck,
Ian.