skid marks

Without going into detail(which would only prove embarrassing) I ended up with some rubber marks in the panel of a door in progress made by a dead blow mallet. Any suggestions on how to safely remove them. They are on the panel of the door which is just 1/4" oak plywood. I tried the old soft "ink eraser" but now worry about having done so.

Reply to
SwampBug

rubber marks in the panel of a door in progress made by a dead blow mallet. Any suggestions on how to safely remove them. They are on the panel of the door which is just 1/4" oak plywood. I tried the old soft "ink eraser" but now worry about having done so.

laquer thinner

Reply to
bridger

I was afraid that would only smear it. . . no interference with the gel staining later?

Reply to
SwampBug

well, smearing is a possibility, so test on scrap.

gel stains are made to cover over stuff that absorbes unevenly, so you might be able to get decent results even if it does smear. again, test on scrap.

Reply to
bridger

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:13:53 -0500, "SwampBug" calmly ranted:

If you're staining it, why worry?

Try denatured alcohol. It won't dissolve it as quickly and may minimize any smearing.

------------------------------------------------------------------ Vote early, Vote often, Vote for Chad!

Comprehensive Website & Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Because it is highly unlikely that the undesirable smear will resemble anything natural. I would be less concerned if I were going to paint it with rustoleum or something equally dumb.

Reply to
SwampBug

Thanks, i will tread lightly.

Reply to