Sketchup Question

Excuse me. I misunderstood what was asked. I just glanced at the question and thought the reference was to Windows 8. ** Lonesome Dove
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:37:10 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I've done the same thing many times but when I click on the download I'm directed to a "Buy" page. ** Lonesome Dove
On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:00:22 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

It doesn't show a "free" version when I click on anything on the web site. ** Lonesome Dove

It doesn't *HAVE* to say "free".
1. Go to Google
2. Type in "free sketchup"
3. Click any of the first 4-5 links...anything except the one to Softonic
4. When the new page opens, click on anything that even *HINTS* at a download.
5. They may/probably will ask you to choose a product or ask how you intend to use it. Pick an answer from the drop down box that hints at "personal or non-commercial".
Like that.
Just as an aside, if you have this much trouble just downloading the program I suspectt you will encounter severe frustration when trying to use it; maybe not, hope so.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I use Punch Super Suite now. I don't think the education part would be that difficult. I'm just looking for something more confined to cabinet specs instead of mansion building. <G> ** Lonesome Dove

Yes sir, I've been there, done that. Nada. I guess our IT guy has these computers set up so that the anti-virus protection disallows downloads of .prg, .dll, .exe type files. Not all that important.
Thanks for trying to help you guys. ** Lonesome Dove
Lonesome Dove wrote:

Go to the library and download it to a Flash drive.

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:37:10 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Oh, that's the trick. You do it twice? <G> ** Lonesome Dove
On 7/19/2013 6:10 AM, mcp6453 wrote:

The Pro version has presentation features that are totally unnecessary for 99.9% of what a woodworker needs for drawing/modeling; and there are workarounds for most of the remainder when using the free version of Sketchup (currently know as "Sketchup Make").
I built a home for a client using the free version a few years back, and the only reason I needed to switch to the Pro version was for the ability to print full size construction plans for permitting/bidding/building ... all the drawing/modeling was done using the free version, and nothing has changed in that regard in the interim as far as capability.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net