Sketchup Question

Page 8 of 9
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 17:01:56 -0600, the infamous Swingman

Cool! Youtube works, but for clients, I'd strongly recommend putting them on your own website. Then when they sent friends to look, they can see your work, too, and the rest of your offerings. If you don't have a website now, try hosting with Lunar Pages. Minimalist at $3/mo, more stuff at $8/mo, $6/mo if you buy a few years at a time. I do the latter. http://www.lunarpages.com/id/diversifycom Disclaimer: You don't pay more but I get a bonus from your signup if you use my link there. I've been working with LP with other clients for 5 years and now have both my websites hosted there. Good folks.

YouTube sez: "The URL contained a malformed video ID."

Get that announcer voice lessons, Karl. He sounds like a damned Texican. That simply _can't_ be good for business. <bseg>
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
Larry Jaques (whose munged e-mail address confuses KNode) wrote:

... snip
Looks pretty neat, but I was disappointed that there was no scenery behind that window and that you didn't show what was in the cabinets or drawers.

Heh, I *know* someone who sounds just like him. I'd do business with the person on the other end of that voice. :-)

Rob Leatham
On 1/3/2010 10:31 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

The same old signature block I've had for years ... :)

I haven't noticed a problem on a couple of computers, but I'll check it out. Thanks ...

You might be right about that.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I knew that. (I just didn't remember it. See, guys? When you form your signatures properly and they don't get sucked into the reply, people forget! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.)

I think you gave the repaired URL in a later message with the note "My T-bird ate my URL." or sumpin'.

I was kidding. You have a good, clear, and friendly presentation voice, Karl.
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine

He has an accent.

He has an accent.
Karl does not have an accent, Y'all have an accent, eh? ;~)
On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 06:07:53 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Hayow kin y'all tayull?
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
On 1/5/2010 5:40 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

He doesn't drink ayes tay!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

On 1/3/2010 11:30 PM, Mike M wrote:

Thanks, although I'm not sure what you mean about being "other then" in the second sentence?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

On 1/4/2010 8:11 PM, Mike M wrote:

Ahhsoo ... no the second is the real thing. Probably the lousy photography threw you. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Digital photographer, learn thy modes! One's for incan, one for fluor, and neer the twain shall meet. (Bright windows in a darker kitchen make for a hard shoot, too.)
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
scrawled the following:

Not to mention the recording device was proabbly his camera phone.
Here's another "Must View", of SketchUp models this time, from Popular Woodworking:
http://tinyurl.com/yzbjvz4
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=popular+woodworking&styp=c&btnG=Search
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Excellent! Thanks for sharing it with us.
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10
Shoot, since I just had to start reloading everything on my laptop and do to injuries on the job instead of reloading autocad on my computer which I wasn't much past what the LT program could do maybe I'll give this a shot. Hell who wants to sleep and eat.
Mike M

I used AutoCAD LT from 1997 to 2007. Installed Sketchup for the 3rd time about 15 months ago and have not used AutoCAD since.
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:30:16 -0600, the infamous Swingman

I can just see tomorrow's headlines now...
"SEX Crimes: SWINGMAN Jailed, Offering Mattress Tutorial via Internet"
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?
You know, I have been resisting SketchUp because I didn't want to invest the time in learning the software. I was CAD trained years ago (early 80's) but never used it enough to get proficient. Worked for years with a bunch of CATIA operators and that software takes a long time to gain proficiency. I wanted to spend time doing woodwork, not learning software.
But after looking at the video, I'm going to download SketchUp and start playing. I can see where it might replace my old drafting equipment some day.
I was formally taught on the board with the T-square and triangles, and to toot my own horn was pretty good at. I was placing high in college competition drawing contests when in HS. For other reasons I did not pursue that path in college or in my career.
I am totally self taught on CAD programs starting with IMSI Designer in 1986 and strictly using arrow keys for defined units of measure and no pointing device to Auto CAD LT. I thought AUtoCAD was simple,,, huh?
If you already have a working knowledge of CAD programs and how to draw, Sketchup can be conquered. ;~)
The most beneficial tools that turned the light bulb on for me when learning Sketchup were the simple video tutorials. Once you understand how Sketchup actually works you can easily learn the program and then you can add which ever of the hundreds and hundreds of available tools you may want to add.
(Still a hell of a lot of control buttons around the edges though :^})
The actual program comes with noticably few command icons and they will do everything you need to learn the program.