Sketchup Question

Reply to
Jack Stein

The problem isn't that your Windows doesn't know when to adjust to DST, it's that you don't know when to turn Windows DST on. And if your Windows OS doesn't work properly in the first place, then you were the one that screwed it up.

Understandable. There's many, many things you don't know and refuse to even acknowledge for some strange reason.

That's where your problem lies. You weren't being asked to set the wrong time, you were being told that your time setting wasn't working properly. As usual though, your arrogance got in the way. The time thing was for everybody's use (everyone on newsgroups anyway) and not just the few people you happened to be arguing with at the time. But, you're too self centered to understand that.

God, it's so much fun razzing you. You're such an easy target. Guess that shows what kind of insignificant life I have, eagerly waiting to respond to your self deceiving posts every morning. :)

You have a good day now, Jack.

Reply to
upscale

Note the times above - they coincide! It worked. Was that so difficult?

Instead of arguing that there's nothing wrong with your settings/ system, when _everybody_ is telling you there is, learn from this experience. People aren't kicking your cage for no reason. Most are just pointing something out and helping you.

Now Paypal Swingman some beer money and say thank you.

RicodJour

It was mostly my fault, you have to give Jack some leeway here. He was so caught up in our 'discussion' that it was impossible for him see past the invectives to comprehend the comments about time posting.

Of course, having the troll-like nature that I do, I took advantage of his anger and pushed his buttons some more, additionally clouding the issue.

Reply to
upscale

As a friends of mine likes to say: "it only takes minutes of my time to piss off somebody's whole day..." UseNet is not for thin-skinned, humourless douche-nozzles...oops.. . . .

*smirk*
Reply to
Robatoy

You really are stupid.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Yeah, cool for you. The difficulty was finding out what the problem was. My clock was correct here. Steve was aware enough that if my date and time were correct, something else was wrong. Fortunately he had run into this bugaboo in the past, and identified the problem is with manually setting the clock. I had applied the patch to fix windows automatic time stamp long ago, and when I had to reinstall my system, I didn't bother, I just do it manually. I had no way of knowing everyone else's was seeing an adjusted time.

Steve Turner was the only one not kicking my cage. You for example actually think the time setting on my system is for everyone but me. I don't think so, my time settings are primarily for me. Upscale thought my clock was set wrong, it wasn't.

Most are just pointing something out and helping you.

Steve helped identify why your clocks were stamping my messages with the wrong time. That helps me how?

Swingman made it easy for me to apply the patch. The patch means I don't have to spend 3 seconds twice a year manually adjusting my clock. I took the time to apply the patch to help those who are sorting mail based on the NNTP-Posting Date. If you look in my headers you will see that the time stamp on my messages were correct. Now, personally, I can't stand replies that include the date and time the original message was posted, so for all those that use that format, you can thank Steve and Swingman because personally, or frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Hardly!

Wrong, camel breath.

Right, my time settings don't mean beans to me, why would I care what the time stamps on my files are as long as you can see what time I posted a message. You really are clueless!

No, I was told my clock was wrong, it wasn't. My time setting also works fine here, it is only the windows automatic setting that doesn't work right. Windows may be junk, but there is no way they could know the government was going to change when DST should start and stop. They put a manual setting so it could be used if needed. I needed it, I used it, my system was working fine, time was correct.

As usual though, your arrogance got in the way. The time

I really don't care what time stamps my messages have when they get on your system. I've added a patch solely to correct others systems that were incorrectly adjusting my clock for DST, which did not need adjusted.

Glad to entertain you.

Reply to
Jack Stein

For woodworkers using SketchUp to design and plan your projects the link below is a must view video:

of your skill level I guarantee there is something you will learn by taking the time to just run through it once.

+10
Reply to
Swingman

> Regardless of your skill level I guarantee there is something you will

Did you notice how many tool icons there were on his version of Sketchup? LOL

Good Video.

Reply to
Leon

Sketchup has to be the best CAD program ever made.

Reply to
-MIKE-

>>> Regardless of your skill level I guarantee there is something you will

No kidding ... with that many, even if I plugged my laptop into the 24" office monitor, there would hardly be room to see the drawing.

Reply to
Swingman

Careful now ... that is akin to a religious statement around here. SketchUp is "3d modeling" software and not "CAD" in the technical sense.

:)

Reply to
Swingman

Excellent Swing. Here's another that I'd say is a prerequisite for that one. Much of the same stuff, a bit slower and also a must for the woodworker. Once you learn the basics and the hot keys, this one is excellent to follow along with Sketchup in one window, and the tutorial in another.

Jack Stein

Yeah, Buddy ... Gary Katz has a great website for woodworkers in general. For those who haven't visited it, it is worth the trip.

Thanks for the heads-up, Jack!

Reply to
Swingman

No, no. It's better than any CAD program, ever.

Reply to
-MIKE-

For some specific definition of "better"...

--

Reply to
dpb

Finally an opinion from somebody who has worked with all CAD programs. It still baffles me that I got anything done at all prior to SketchUp's arrival on the scene. I mean.. how did NASA EvAR get anything off the ground?

. . . ...other than that.....nice try, Mike.

Reply to
Robatoy

Thatsawhy I put all my tools on the flaptop and the drawing on the larger monitor. Works on both my flaptopPC/samsung monitors and my Apple/Sony combo's Mouse (trackballs actually) flies through the air between them.

I recently bought a Wacom Graphire tablet which has a whole lot more features than my old Artz. It has a scroll wheel and assignable buttons. Just a fabulous tool. And the software came with MacOS and PC drivers so it is plug and play portability between my home office and my shop. The tablet, aside an old Kensington track ball, makes for very accurate and lightning fast navigation. (Only because I'm used to it, I can't say I recommend that set-up to anybody.) Also, it came with the latest Adobe Photoshop Elements. Going over the features it has now, it makes me a bit pissed at having paid for a full Photoshop some years back.

Reply to
Robatoy

That is indeed an amazing piece of technology at a helluva good price.

Reply to
Swingman