Sketchup Question

Page 3 of 9
Jack Stein wrote:

Jack,
Been a while, but IIRC, the time stamp is made by(function)a system call to the OS and no amount of futzing above that level in Windows is going to solve the underlying DST problem. BTDT. If you reapply the patch that should fix the problem. Try the below:
http://www.intelliadmin.com/DaylightSavingFix.exe
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

Thanks Swingman, patch re-applied, so all should be well in usenet land.
--
Jack

On Google: Jack's: 12:16PM Yours" 11:36AM !!!

40 minute time zones? ;-)

That sounds like your newsreader is set up improperly. Threading should overrule time stamps.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You're looking at the wrong post. The one in which I made these comments is stamped 11:36; the one (of mine) to which I was referring is stamped 11:17. I couldn't really know how mine was going to be stamped before I sent, could I? :-)

No. There is no setting in Thunderbird for this kind of stuff, and the information we're talking about is right there in the message headers. And threading will only overrule time stamps if I'm looking at the threaded view. If I sort by timestamp then threading plays no part in the sort order, and that's where the problem shows up. Recall that I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

You're right, of course. Going back that far in Google is too painful now.

So is the threading info.

Then don't do that. ;-)
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:15:15 -0500, Steve Turner

Give it up Steve. Jack is much too arrogant to even consider that the problem is at his end. Even though he can see the hour difference between a message posted from his own computer is different than the time posted on the newsgroup, it's far beyond his capability to even acknowledge there might be a clock problem, much less that he's responsible for it.
You cordially told him how to fix it and all he wants to do is argue.
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Well now I have a different guy arguing with me, but I'm not going to spend much more energy on it. :-) I am curious though about whether Jack has his daylight saving time flag turned on; for me it's been the bug that keeps on biting.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

There's a good chance it is. I had the same problem several months back. Turned the time flag on and the problem went away. Can't remember exactly why I turned it off in the first place, but I do remember turning it off on purpose for some reason.
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

The hour offset when his local time seems ok is probably indicative the mail client is picking up some setting and adjusting or not when it shouldn't/should.
W/ the switch in dates, perhaps he's got an old OS that doesn't know the right day _to_ switch, maybe???
dpb wrote:

Right, that is the source of the problem. My fix is to set the clock manually, 2x a year. It is 11:50 am as I send this message. That is the correct time from where I am sitting:-). It will also be the correct time showing up on my message when it comes back to me. It will be wrong when the time changes back to EST, whenever that might happen, then, I will have to fix it again.
--
Jack

I know of the hearing-impaired, the sight-impaired, impaired driving...never, ran across a chronologically impaired person until you showed up.
You do understand that the time setting is not for your benefit, it is for the benefit of others, right? Whatever it is that you and/or your machine is doing, is wrong. Why don't you change the setting and let Windows adjust the time for you. Then switch back if you believe there is a benefit. That might correct the situation...at least until you human-error adjust it back to the way it was.
RicodJour wrote:

Really? You think my Windows OS is the only one that doesn't know when to adjust for daylight savings time?

No, I didn't know that.
Whatever it is that you and/or your

What would you like me to do? My clock is correct, my time zone is correct, my dates are correct.

I explained why. Auto change doesn't work on my system so I manually set the clock to the CORRECT TIME. I didn't know it was screwing up everyone else's day, I knew my computer showed the correct time, and my mail, and everyone else's mail was showing the correct time when it comes here.

I've re-applied the patch, but if you actually thought I was going to set my clock to the wrong time to make a few people here happy, you are wrong. It's 10:50 am, so the patch should make your day. If not, tough beans.
--
Jack

The problem isn't that your Windows doesn't know when to adjust to DST, it's that you don't know when to turn Windows DST on. And if your Windows OS doesn't work properly in the first place, then you were the one that screwed it up.

Understandable. There's many, many things you don't know and refuse to even acknowledge for some strange reason.

That's where your problem lies. You weren't being asked to set the wrong time, you were being told that your time setting wasn't working properly. As usual though, your arrogance got in the way. The time thing was for everybody's use (everyone on newsgroups anyway) and not just the few people you happened to be arguing with at the time. But, you're too self centered to understand that.
God, it's so much fun razzing you. You're such an easy target. Guess that shows what kind of insignificant life I have, eagerly waiting to respond to your self deceiving posts every morning. :)
You have a good day now, Jack.
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Hardly!
Wrong, camel breath.

Right, my time settings don't mean beans to me, why would I care what the time stamps on my files are as long as you can see what time I posted a message. You really are clueless!

No, I was told my clock was wrong, it wasn't. My time setting also works fine here, it is only the windows automatic setting that doesn't work right. Windows may be junk, but there is no way they could know the government was going to change when DST should start and stop. They put a manual setting so it could be used if needed. I needed it, I used it, my system was working fine, time was correct.
As usual though, your arrogance got in the way. The time

I really don't care what time stamps my messages have when they get on your system. I've added a patch solely to correct others systems that were incorrectly adjusting my clock for DST, which did not need adjusted.

Glad to entertain you.

--
Jack

Note the times above - they coincide! It worked. Was that so difficult?
Instead of arguing that there's nothing wrong with your settings/ system, when _everybody_ is telling you there is, learn from this experience. People aren't kicking your cage for no reason. Most are just pointing something out and helping you.
Now Paypal Swingman some beer money and say thank you.
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:22:56 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

It was mostly my fault, you have to give Jack some leeway here. He was so caught up in our 'discussion' that it was impossible for him see past the invectives to comprehend the comments about time posting.
Of course, having the troll-like nature that I do, I took advantage of his anger and pushed his buttons some more, additionally clouding the issue.
On Oct 11, 11:30am, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

As a friends of mine likes to say: "it only takes minutes of my time to piss off somebody's whole day..." UseNet is not for thin-skinned, humourless douche-nozzles...oops.. . . . *smirk*
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

You really are stupid.
--
Jack
RicodJour wrote:

Yeah, cool for you. The difficulty was finding out what the problem was. My clock was correct here. Steve was aware enough that if my date and time were correct, something else was wrong. Fortunately he had run into this bugaboo in the past, and identified the problem is with manually setting the clock. I had applied the patch to fix windows automatic time stamp long ago, and when I had to reinstall my system, I didn't bother, I just do it manually. I had no way of knowing everyone else's was seeing an adjusted time.

Steve Turner was the only one not kicking my cage. You for example actually think the time setting on my system is for everyone but me. I don't think so, my time settings are primarily for me. Upscale thought my clock was set wrong, it wasn't.
Most are just pointing something out and helping you.
Steve helped identify why your clocks were stamping my messages with the wrong time. That helps me how?

Swingman made it easy for me to apply the patch. The patch means I don't have to spend 3 seconds twice a year manually adjusting my clock. I took the time to apply the patch to help those who are sorting mail based on the NNTP-Posting Date. If you look in my headers you will see that the time stamp on my messages were correct. Now, personally, I can't stand replies that include the date and time the original message was posted, so for all those that use that format, you can thank Steve and Swingman because personally, or frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
--
Jack
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Really? The time posted that I sent the message is exactly correct on my newsreader, it goes out with the correct time, and it comes in with the correct time. Steve's messages come in showing the correct time.

Yes, Steve is not an idiot, like you are... I guess I should have known when I thought Sweetnothing or whatever fake name of the day you were using was not a troll, but just, simple you... When an idiot tells me my clock is wrong, and my clock is right, I ignore it. When Steve says my time zones are showing up wrong and asks if I have windows automatically adjusting for time zones, I pay attention.
Anyway, the correct time where I'm sitting is 1:07 pm, and the correct time zone where I'm sitting is Eastern. Obviously something between me and you is incorrectly adjusting my [correct] time into daylight savings time, and it does not need adjusted, because it is already manually correctly adjusted for that.
--
Jack