Sketchup Question

or the silent "P" in swimming

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Ha!

Reply to
Robatoy

You are making shit up, Douche-nozzle. You have NO way of knowing whether I figured SU out or not. Try again. ( I will check back in a few days, knowing it usually takes a long time for you to say something 'clever'.)

Reply to
Robatoy

Why the hell don't you guys just plonk each other?

Reply to
Swingman

An aside... I know you argued the point with one of your other buddies about a week ago, but there *must* be something wrong with your clock. I'm using the same news server you are, but your posts are showing up "in the future", whereas mine are not. I originally took this problem to be the fault of the news server, but I just verified that setting my clock into the future and replying to a post (see the Rockwell planer thread) DID cause the timestamp of the reply to show up in the future. I've since resynchronized my clock back with time.windows.com prior to submitting this reply.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Nah, it's too much fun for both of them. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

As I told him. But, considering we were in the throes of insulting each other, his misplaced arrogance precluded any chance of him admitting his computer clock wasn't set properly.

C'est la vie.

Reply to
upscale

...and why you never did figure it out.

Reply to
Jack Stein

reason to exist.

Reply to
Robatoy

LOL! The old Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons are coming to mind for some reason. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

Beep Beep.....

Reply to
Robatoy

Ummm, not for nothing, but I think it's far more likely, tool junkie that you are, that there's a whole pile of Acme boxes out back of your place. :)~

RicodJour

He collects them as souvenirs when Wile E. is done with them. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

PAINT"

Reply to
Robatoy

Interesting; you and I both have two posts only seconds apart to the same server (eternal-september.org), and the NNTP-Posting-Date in the headers reflect this:

mine: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:17:53 +0000 (UTC) yours: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 16:17:04 +0000 (UTC)

Yet the dates displayed by my newsreader (Thunderbird) are:

mine: 11:17am yours: 12:16pm

Which are basically the times that we posted within our own local time zones. However, I don't see anything else in the message headers that would indicate what our time zones *are*, so I'm not sure how this is happening. I guess the eternal-september.org newserver must be misconfigured somehow...? Is this how people on other servers are seeing things?

Maybe you are not seeing it Jack (any others?), but the side effect is that your posts are appearing out of order with respect to when you posted. Your posts are showing up after the follow-on replies.

Reply to
Steve Turner

I didn't argue the point, I stated my clock was correct.

My computer clock is set correctly, with the correct date and time, and the correct time zone. My messages come back to me with the correct time. It is 12:11 PM on my computer, on my watch, on my cell phone, on my TV. What would you like me to change?

Reply to
Jack Stein

I just looked at a BUNCH of different headers from a bunch of different groups and posters (some whom I know to be in your time zone), posting to a variety of news servers (including eternal-september) and they all show time stamps with a 5-hour delta from the NNTP-Posting-Date entry, except for yours; yours is 6 hours.

In the "Time Zone" tab of your "Date and Time Properties" (assuming you're running Windows, of course) do you have the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" checked? (I do) I'm a programmer by trade, and I've done a lot of messing around with time values in code, and it's my considered opinion that this feature of Windows is *broken*. If you have that turned off you might try turning it on to see what the effect is. If it's already turned on, then I'm lost again. :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

[...]

It is the exact time I sent my message, and it is the exact time that shows up on my message in Tbird, and your time is showing 11:36 in your message.

However, I don't see anything else in the message headers that

I dunno. Before I posted my last message, I went to eternal-september to see if perhaps I configured something wrong there like the wrong time zone and didn't find anything. I don't think they do anything with the time stamp, or my messages wouldn't be coming back to me with the correct time stamp.

Hey, you got me. My end *seems* correct to me. I took a cursory look at things and everything appears correct on my end, so it's probably me:-) It's 1:04 right as I'm posting...

Reply to
Jack Stein

On Google: Jack's: 12:16PM Yours" 11:36AM !!!

40 minute time zones? ;-)

That sounds like your newsreader is set up improperly. Threading should overrule time stamps.

Reply to
keithw86