SketchUp Models of Chinese Joinery

Unlike "mission"/ AC/ Greene & Greene/Stickley furniture, the joinery in Chinese furniture is often more complicate and always hidden out of site. I inherited a bunch of Chinese rosewood furniture and have been guessing about the joinery based on what can be seen - from the inside and underside of pieces. A dining chair has it's rear leg/apron/frame and panel chair seat frame corner opening up and I have been able to confirm that my guess for this joint was right.
Have done a SketchUp model of that joint you can download and play with (SU is free from Google) and Chris Scholz has contributed a model of another version of this joint in a table. Have a look.
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/Joinery/ChineseJoinery/ChineseJoinerySUmodelsTOC.html
If you've got a SU model or two of interesting joinery and would like to share it with others but don't have a web site - e-mail it and I'll add it.
charlie b
On 3/19/2010 6:44 PM, charlie b wrote:

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/Joinery/ChineseJoinery/ChineseJoinerySUmodelsTOC.html
Great work!
In your local copy of SU, you may want to go to "Window|Model Info|Credits|Claim Credits" and claim credit before you allow too many more downloads.
You could also put them on 3D Warehouse and share them with the world, it's very easy to do:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse /
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Last time I checked they were being made in Earlham, Iowa
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

Ever notice the number of products that find their roots in the farm country of the MidWest?
Vise-Grips from a welding shop in Nebraska comes to mind.
Lew