Sketchup grief

Panning is still the video card refreshing fast enough that it looks like smooth motion. You might consider finding out if there's an updated driver available for your video card. Worst case scenario, if there is an updated version available and you don't like it for some reason, you can uninstall it and reinstall the original one.

Reply to
Upscale

Or, you might take a look at the 'system event log' and the 'applications log' both of which are viewed with the event viewer, usually located under 'administrative tools' on the program menu. Usually catastrophic errors are prefaced by a RED ICON and convey the error message to someone who has actually diagnosed a computer before. Your computer buddy wouldn't likely need or understand the info as it sounds like he is a "shotgunner" who simply makes a guess and then replaces parts until it works again. My educated (ha!) guess would be software related, more than likely downlevel or missing OS modules (dll's). I was always better with a rifle, however. regards, Joe.

Reply to
Joe Brophy

Further proof that computers are no damned good!

(Quote an IT management friend of mine)

RonB

Reply to
rnrbrogan

I have been running an AMD dual core-64 bit processor for a number of years and never had a hardware problem with Sketchup. Never had a problem with any application that I run. This is the first non-Intel chip I've owned and was mildly apprehensive, but long since forgot all about it... 'till you just mentioned it...

Reply to
Jack Stein